1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Slow Magento website advice?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Jimbob1208, Apr 3, 2016.

Hi,

I am redeveloping a new version of my ecommerce Magento website with a responsive theme. The live site is on a co.uk domain name and the site I am developing to replace this is currently running on the .net domain at www[dot]giggleberries[dot]net

However, the development site (www[dot]giggleberries[dot]net) which has an empty catalogue and is using Magento v1.9.2 takes about 7x longer (about 35 seconds to load) and I can not understand why?

Can anyone advise if I have overlooked something or if there is anything I can do?

Below are details of my hosting package and also details of the steps I have implemented to try and improve load speed.

HOSTING PACKAGE AND SPEC

• Managed Magento VPS
    • 4x Xeon Cores CPU
    • 5GB DDR3 RAM
    • 80GB HDD
    • 1600GB Bandwidth
    • Varnish Installed
    • Server type: MySQL
    • Server version: 5.6.29-log - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
    • Protocol version: 10
    • Web server - cpsrvd 11.54.0.21
    • Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73
    • PHP extension: mysqli
    • MySQL Disk Space 163.26 MB
    • Apache Version 2.4.18
    • PHP Version 5.6.19
    • MySQL Version 5.6.29
    • Architecture x86_64
    • Operating System linux
    • Perl Version 5.10.1
    • Kernel Version 2.6.32-573.22.1.el6.x86_64
    STEPS TAKEN TO IMPROVE SPEED

• Installed the latest version of Magento v 1.9.2
    • Set Magento CSS and Javascript files to merge
    • Set Magento to use Use Flat Catalog Category and Flat Catalog Product
    • Set Magento to save log for only 3 days
    • Installed a Magento full page caching extension
    • Will be using CDN service
    • Ensured Varnish installed on server
    • Ensured all caches are working and cleared
    Can anyone advise or assist?

Thanks

Jimbob1208, Apr 3, 2016 IP
  2. Bitpalace

Bitpalace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your site is waiting exactly 30 seconds from the initial contact of a client to delivering your content. This indicates a timeout issue that is most likely caused by a web server or cache misconfiguration. Very difficult to figure this one out. We are seeing that your site is using two different versions of your URL. One is addressing the www-prefix version, the other one is omitting the prefix. The www. prefix seems to redirect to the version without prefix. It is thinkable that a redirect-loop is causing the 30 seconds delay. Check your web server setting AND your site's configuration and bring all URL definitions into sync, e.g. set it a way that it is only using either the www- or the non-www-version, but not both at a time. This is our best guess.

Once your site is loading, it is loading dozens of JavaScript and CSS files. A really tremendous number, e.g. 34 different CSS files and 25 JS files. And it is loading three super large image files named 01_full_width.png, 02_full_width.png and 03_full_width.png. boxers.png and thongs.png are also quite large.

Bitpalace, Apr 3, 2016 IP