1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Slow loading ad unit

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by geomark, Aug 23, 2005.

On one of my pages I have a link unit just under the title at the top of the page and an ad unit with the content in the center of the page. Link unit and ad unit impressions have been similar, with a few less ad unit impressions as might expected if people bail out of the page before the ad unit has loaded.

But a few days ago I changed the ad unit from a large rectangle format to a 160x600 skyscraper. And the number of impressions of that ad unit dropped dramatically. It's about 1/100 of the number of link unit impressions on that page.

When I view the page all the content and the link unit load at normal speed, and then there is a long delay before the ad unit loads.

Are there differences in loading times for different ad units? Are there any things I can do that affect this? Any ideas?

geomark, Aug 23, 2005 IP