1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Slow Email Send Rate Using ArpReach + Hostgator (Dedicated Server)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by adamackbeatz, Jan 13, 2015.

Hello:

We are experiencing a very slow email send rate, despite having everything we need to send quickly.

We've got a dedicated server from Hostgator and an email list of around 200,000 subscribers. There are no imposed sending limitations on our server from Hostgator.

We are using ArpReach to manage our emails. We are using Cron to send our list ("Sendmail" option in Arp), as it is the only available option in ArpReach.

Our email broadcast is sending at a rate of 50 emails per every 5 minutes, which is obviously very slow. When we used Interspire, we did not have any issues, as it was able to send 5,000 emails per hour. Our "Inter Email Delay" is set to 0.

We've tried to contact ArpReach support for over a month, and they have not been helpful at all. This is why we need to reach out to the forums to ask about our issue.

ArpReach told us: "This is the first time I have ever heard of Sendmail being slow. A benchmark speed for Sendmail on unoptimized shared hosting is 10,000 per hour." However, as we mentioned, we have a dedicated server and we are still only able to send 600/hour.

Does anyone have any ideas or possible solutions to our problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

adamackbeatz, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  2. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    What does the cron look like? Any chance that is accidentally set to something like "send 50 per 5 hours" instead of "send 50 per 5 minutes"?

mikebvm, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  3. adamackbeatz

adamackbeatz Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, thanks for your reply.

The cron job is set up to send every 5 minutes. We've got the limit set at 2,500 emails per cron job. We've made sure that the numbers are correct.

Basically, the cron job will send as many of those 2,500 emails per 5 minutes as it can handle.

Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

adamackbeatz, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  4. Sergio Traversa

Sergio Traversa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have a nice day to all!
    I've just taken part to this forum!
    This is my first post here!

Hi adamackbeatz!
    It is really strange: you can imagine
    that I have always bought a Snappy2000
    from HostGator, and take count that I live
    in Italy and there is surely a bit of latency
    making all a little bit lazy...but I have always
    succed in sending 500 e-mails per hour setting
    arpReach in this way.
    And Snappy2000 is a VPS, not a dedicated
    server.
    I think that maybe you have to set the batch
    size.
    Go to arpReach knowledge a look for it.
    Hope this could help you.

Sergio Traversa, May 16, 2015 IP
  5. James230

James230 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What do you think which one is best hosting services provider Hostgator vs Dreamhost. It is not easy to distinguish between without reading much about them. I read a review last time that was actually a comparison between both these leading companies here http://inlinehostblogger.com/hostgator-vs-bluehost-vs-dreamhost/. This is review that will help me to chose Hosgtator vs Dreamhost for my upcoming project.

James230, May 26, 2015 IP