1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Slammed on Canadian exchange rates by Tiger

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by smokey99, Feb 1, 2006.

I posted some links tiger direct, and then purchased a couple of items myself.
    The sale was $275 CDN on my report it shows $203(USD), When I inquired as to why.
    I was told it was the CDN -> USD conversion.

Thats an exchange rate of .74% when the actual rate is .87%

Feel like I got hosed
    I would like to know who is making those extra 13 points???

smokey99, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  2. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Often times when you make a purchase like this it doesnt use the "actual" exchange rate. It goes the same when I usa my USA credit card overseas. The rate might be 40 baht on the dollar but they are only giving me 36 at the end of the month.

There is actually a seperate exchange rate for things like this since the rate changes often so they use a slightly different number.

Seems a bit much in your case though. Id send them and email and see if they can do anything about it.

joch21, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are an American who bought an item for CDN $275 and got charged US$203 then you did very well. If you were a Canadian who bought a $203 item and your credit card came back at $275, then you did poorly.

Most Canadian banks offer a U.S. dollar credit card if you expect to make a lot of purchases in the U.S.. This is also helpful if any of your income is in U.S. dollars. You can apply like currency to like. You should check it out.

clancey, Feb 2, 2006 IP