1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Skyscraper Ad On The Side Of My Website?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by freezeice04, Feb 18, 2013.

How do I put a skyscraper ad (from adsense) on the side of my website? Which part do I need to paste the ad code? Here's the html layout of my website:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="{%MetaCharset%}"/>
    <meta name="description" content="{%MetaDescription%}"/>
    <meta name="keywords" content="{%MetaKeywords%}"/>
    <title>{%MetaTitle%}</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="images/style.css" type="text/css" media="all">
    <!-- Sidebar docking boxes (dbx) by Brothercake - http://www.brothercake.com/ -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="images/dbx.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="images/dbx-key.js"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="images/dbx.css" media="screen, projection"><!--[if lt IE 7]>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="images/ie-gif.css" type="text/css" />
    <![endif]-->

</head>
    <body>
    <div id="page">
    <div id="wrapper">
    <div id="header">
    <h1><a href="index.php">{%WebsiteName%}</a></h1>
    <div class="description">{%WebsiteSlogan%}</div>
    </div>
    <!-- /header -->
    <div id="left-col">
    <div id="nav">
    <ul>
    {%menu_start=1%}
    <li class="page_item"><a href="{%menu_href%}">{%menu_display%}</a></li>
    {%menu_end=1%}
    </ul>
    </div>
    <!-- /nav -->
    <div id="content"><!--/post -->
    <div id="post-8" class="post">
    <div class="title">
    <h2>{%name%}</h2>
    </div>
    <div class="entry">
    <p>{%content%}</p>
    </div>
    <!--/entry --></div>
    <!--/post --> <!--/post --> <!--/post --> <!-- /page nav --></div>
    <!--/content -->
    <div id="footer">{%WebsiteFooter%}</div>
    <div id="footer"><a rel="nofollow" href="index.php?p=3_1">Privacy Policy</a><br /><br /></div>
    </div>
    <!--/left-col -->
    <div id="sidebar" class="dbx-group mceVisualAid" style="position: relative; display: block;"><!--sidebox start -->
    <div id="categories" class="dbx-box widget_categories dbx-box-open dbxid0 mceVisualAid" style="position: relative; display: block;">
    <h3 class="dbx-handle dbx-handle-cursor" style="position: relative; display: block;" title="click-down and drag to move this box">News<a class="dbx-toggle dbx-toggle-open" style="cursor: pointer;" title="click to close this box" href="javascript:void(null)">&nbsp;</a></h3>
    <div class="dbx-content">{%news%}</div>
    </div>
    <!--sidebox end --></div>
    <!--/sidebar -->
    <hr class="hidden" />
    </div>
    <!--/wrapper --></div>
    <!--/page -->
    </body></html>

freezeice04, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to say with that goofy templating system code... but it looks like you have a sidebar -- so add it to the sidebar, or push the sidebar in and add another...

Though it looks like you have comment placements that could trip rendering bugs in IE and FF (yes, I said comments), seem to be trying to use the same ID more than once (#footer), are WAY too div heavy (though that's hard to be fair about without seeing the page live), are closing more DIV than you are opening (though some formatting might help clear that up)... and I'm not sure that H3 in categories is a subsection of your last post title -- which is what a h3 would mean there.

Really hard to say where to add it without a properly rendered page and the matching CSS.

deathshadow, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. freezeice04

freezeice04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    freezeice04, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  4. pix582

pix582 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to put it under your news container then you need to put the code here
    <adsense>
    </div>

pix582, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  5. njfail

njfail Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey freezeice!
    Its best if you use the 'code' tags in your post, and put the code inside the code tags.
    That makes it easier for everyone to read ;)

Find: <!--sidebox end --></div>
    And right before it, enter this..
    <br />
    <div class="dbx-content">
    Delete This And Insert Your Ad Code Here
    </div>
    Code (markup):
    So it should look like this:
    <div id="sidebar" class="dbx-group mceVisualAid" style="position: relative; display: block;"><!--sidebox start -->
    <div id="categories" class="dbx-box widget_categories dbx-box-open dbxid0 mceVisualAid" style="position: relative; display: block;">
    <h3 class="dbx-handle dbx-handle-cursor" style="position: relative; display: block;" title="click-down and drag to move this box">News<a class="dbx-toggle dbx-toggle-open" style="cursor: pointer;" title="click to close this box" href="javascript:void(null)">&nbsp;</a></h3>
    </div>
    <br />
    <div class="dbx-content">
    Delete This And Insert Your Ad Code Here
    </div>
    <!--sidebox end --></div>
    <!--/sidebar -->
    Code (markup):
    Make sure you remove the sentence "Delete this and insert your ad code here", and replace it with your adsense code.

If you don't like the way that looks, keep it up there, and then post back here and tell me how you'd like to it look, and I'll fix it up for you.

njfail, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    freezeice04 likes this.
  6. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    No that doesn't help anyone, you screamed out you're a scam website from the start. "I'm going to put scam in the first line of my site and think Google will like me"....really?

kulik, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta go with kulik on this one -- my scammy sense is tingling.

that said what you are asking for in layout i would place the advert UNDER that 'news' sidebar... unfortunately the outdated gibberish markup makes this a bit difficult -- what with the use of inlined style, spans for no reason, multiple h1, multiple use of the same ID, DIV doing P's job, comment placements (yes, I said COMMENTS) that could be tripping rendering bugs in some versions of IE and FF, much of the external style being sent to "all", static CSS inlined in the markup, static scripting inlined in the markup, code after the </html>, BR and non-breaking spaces doing padding's job, endless pointless div for nothing and presence of some attributes that have no business in any website written after 1997.

Admittedly, the first line proudly proclaims "it's a trap" to the world - Tranny. Transitional means the code is in transition from 1997 to 1998 coding practices.

... and that's BEFORE talking the accessibility train wreck of fixed width layout, that is working OH SO WONDERFUL with the dynamic fonts inside it. (likely why the layout is broken here). The bizzaro-land 'menu' scripting and separate CSS is a head scratcher as well given how simple the menu is... but that goes for most all the 'scripting for nothing' present on the page.

deathshadow, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. njfail

njfail Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Deathshadow, I know what you're talking about. A lot of templates are loaded with scripts for dozens of features, half of which were 'turned off' by the user. I swear I once saw a homepage with nothing but a welcome message and some links have an 8mb file size because it loaded every script and styling on the site into it.
    The OP probably used a cheap WYSIWYG editor, a template made with a cheap WYSIWYG editor, or used tidbits of codes/scripts from various sources. Which would explain the menu trouble.

@FreezIce In my opinion, to make the site more professional, you could use a popular content management system + template (that is regularly updated) like the WordPress, etc.
    It would be easier to work with, and not have as many of the problems that Deathshadow mentioned.

However this isn't the place for us to judge your content. Whatever you decide to do with your domain is up to you!

njfail, Feb 19, 2013 IP
    freezeice04 likes this.