1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sites That Yield Mega Traffic Mega Quick

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TheBrokenOne, Apr 1, 2006.

1. ehdmi

ehdmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoutwire is screwed up. When I try to sign in, tells me "no such user". If you try to sign up w/ the id again, says the ID is taken. I clicked to have the password resubmitted, it never came,although it says it was sent...

ehdmi, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  2. windwalker

windwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    I realize this is an old thread but I just found it and wanted to respond to it any way.

Any traffic that comes to my site are uniqe visits which helps me since I use adbrite instead of adsense.

Our site http://wolfgardens.org is a Wildlife Center with a strong educational approach.

Right now we do not have a merchandise to sell though we are working on that for the near future.

Getting return traffic means that someone saw something they like or are interested in.

If they see something that interests them, then they are likely to spread the word, which indeed does bring focused traffic.

If I get 20k visitors and 200 become regular visitors, then the effort has been wort it.

Those return folks are likely to spread the word and help build our site more than people who just show up.

For me, the trick is getting people there for the first visit.

Search engines and robots do just so much unless you have a mega fortune to buy mega traffic with.

Our Parent Organization is First Nations Outreach Project at http://firstnationsoutreach.org , we also have an older site at http://defendthewolves.org

The defendthewolves site gets about 250 unique visitors per month but almost 70% percent of our return traffic is book marked traffic.

So, at this point, I consider any traffic to be good traffic. 20k visitors is very useful to us at this time . I have joined almost all of the sites mentioned in the original post and will over the next few days complete as many of those as we will qualify for.

I hope to see others continue posting to this thread since this is a very essential topic for site builders without a budget or a low budget.

With Respect,

Jim Windwalekr
    Director/ First Nations Outreach Project

windwalker, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  3. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Great site- but those Adbrite ads are woefully lacking in the relevancy department.
    Your visitors are not there because they are interested in web hosting, new homes or to learn how to lower their blood pressure.
    Adsense or YPN would serve much better ads in this regard.
    You might consider Chitika as well.

Claymation, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  4. windwalker

windwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Claymation,
    Thanks for the input and your kind words about my site.

I tried adsense and earned about 67 cents in six weeks.
    While the adbrite relevancy is not always what it should be on the network adds, I do earn about $50.00 a month from them. I just got a paid advertiser who is paying $50 a month for a text add on my site through adbrite. It is a targeted add and will run for an entire month. This one advertiser will earn me a months pay at my current rate.

I am checking out chitika now. If they will let me put them on my site without removing adbrite I will give them a try. If not, maybe I will try them on another site first and see if they are worth it for me.

The one thing I have seen about adbrite is that they are making regular changes and improving greatly. They also seem to listen to suggestion rather well. I will mention the relevancy issue to them and see what happens.

I tried several other programs before I landed on adbrite and I do like their affiliate program as well.

I ditched adsense for several reasons. One I didn't earn any money to mention from them, and two, they wanted to tell me what I could advertise on my site and where I had to place them. Since I own the real estate, I was not very impressed with google a "renter" telling me how to run my business.

If I get along with Chitika I will post on here and give my thoughts.
    Thanks again for your feedback.
    With Respect,
    Jim Windwalker

5. windwalker

windwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    I like this, I am going to look and see if I can find a module for them that works with joomla or Mambo.

If not I may be able to create a module myself to set them up.
    Looks like they may have something going there. Just on hte surface, looks like Chitika may be worth the work of settin git up.

Thanks for this info.

Jim

P.S. We applied to yahoo, but they turned us down because we are a NON Profit Org. Seems they don't care for NGO's very much.

6. windwalker

windwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a Chitika Affiliate link I will use it to sign up if you let me know where to find it.

Jim

7. GetWebHost

GetWebHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    This was the thread I had read last year but did not subscribe. Since August I was searching this thread, thanks I found it again :):D

I've tried DIGG but I got no click on ads. Good for CPM only.

GetWebHost, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  8. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digg also gets you tons of backlinks, which can help in the SERPs ;)

Austars, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  9. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, you have a lot of power in filtering the traffic from those sites. How? Word your text link/blurb TIGHTLY. Make sure it appeals only to the demographic you want to visit your site. Sometimes, Less is more.

webmasterlabor.com, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  10. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Not Hype. It's a very ingenious way of feeding off the traffic of the differing submitters. It aggregates the traffic then rewards it back to the publishers based on users' preferences/the content's actual popularity.

webmasterlabor.com, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  11. Tilt0matic

Tilt0matic Peon

Best Answers:
    I found another cool resource if you run a gambling related blog-

www.sharkblogs.com

Decent resource and made a difference with my blog.

Tilt0matic, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  12. AZhitman

AZhitman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely gonna give some of these a shot - I've put several articles on Digg, but never got much response on them...

Then again, we don't *sell* anything on my site, so I prefer raw traffic and exposure over conversions.

AZhitman, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  13. KA1

KA1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that would be a big plus too.

KA1, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  14. Lisa White

Lisa White Peon

Best Answers:
    I there i have a question to get traffice to my site is there a free service or it cost money, please advise and if you can provide me some sites for traffic i would appriciate that.

Thank you

Lisa White, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  15. freemenn

freemenn Active Member

Best Answers:
    how to post on i-am-bored??

freemenn, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  16. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you. great post. I'm going to try out metafilter and I'll post back with a review :)

I'll also post on milkandcookies

Motter, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  17. thekage

thekage Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me share my experience, I think there are pro and con for each of these sites, I find getting some decent digg on your article will spread the news around, and create that chain effect. I'll use one of my own scenario, I got one of my article 80 diggs, then suddenly, all these other news sites picked it up, like I-am-bored, Shoutwire and etc, in the end received over 10k Uniques in the span of less then an hour. So my view on this is submit and try your luck :p

thekage, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  18. charlesartist

charlesartist Peon

Best Answers:
    How about del.ico.us? Anybody have any experience with them? Also, Stumbleupon is a great way to get massive but untargeted traffic in a short time...

charlesartist, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  19. Timby

Timby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great list thanks for sharing, submitted my site to a few of them!

Timby, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  20. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Del.ico.us's effectiveness varies based on the niche you're hitting and your target demographic.

webmasterlabor.com, Jan 17, 2007 IP