1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sites not indexed; duplicate content?

Discussion in 'Google' started by jedweb, Aug 14, 2007.

I manage 2 sites for a client that owns 2 separate healthcare clinics. Both of the clinics offer the same services and treat the same conditions. Therefore, the content about services and conditions treated is the same for both sites. Also, the client wanted a similar layout for both sites.

Neither of these sites show up in the Google at all. They are not indexed according to Webmaster Tools. The sites have been around for months; longer than other sites I have made that have been around for less time.

Do you think it is the duplicate content resulting in the sites being excluded? Is it not reasonable for 2 such sites to share a significant amount of content? If I altered the layout of one of the sites would that help?

Thanks for any suggestions.

jedweb, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  2. BlindCat

BlindCat Banned

Best Answers:
    Dup content can be one of the reason. To get specific answer you can PM me your url. I'll try to see what went wrong...

Get some backlinks...it will help you to get indexed faster. Even your sig link from DP will help.

BlindCat, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  3. rolypoly

rolypoly Active Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think duplicated content will be a big problem. when did you submit your site to google?

rolypoly, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  4. jedweb

jedweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response. I don't know the exact date but it has been at least 4 months. I have Google Sitemaps for them as well.

I know they say that it can sometimes take 6 months or more to get indexed but i have done other sites since (on the the same shared server) that are all indexed.

All of my other sites are indexed fine; it is only these two. They actually don't appear in any major search engine.

jedweb, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  5. bhushna22

bhushna22 Banned

Best Answers:
    i think u should also try waiting for few weeks

bhushna22, Oct 23, 2007 IP