1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sites like Archive.org?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EGS, Apr 13, 2010.

Hey everybody!!! :eek:

Does anyone know if there are any sites like Archive.org that crawl, index, and save sites and/or thumbnails of the site frequently (every month) that's been in existence for at least a year (preferrably more) and has a large index of sites in its database like Archive.org? :confused:

I was trying to find a capture of one of my sites but Archive.org for some reason doesn't have any pages saved in its database from 2009. :confused:

EGS, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Is archive.org even spidering anymore? My sites went from having almost daily (or at least weekly) snapshots, to nothing around the end of the summer in 2008.

digitalpoint, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same here my six year old forum has no entries on archive.org since Aug 2008

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    Revelations-Decoder, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The spiders are most definitely still crawling. Just doesn't seem like they are doing anything with the crawls anymore. A quick grep of my web logs show we are getting hit with the archive.org spider at a rate of about 1 page every 20 seconds.

digitalpoint, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't that about the same time they changed the alexa toolbar user "only" thing to a different system in regards to alexa details (and assumedly waybackmachine)?

I seem to remember stopping using the alexa toolbar way b4 that, but how that would then connect to a site if an owner wasn't using the alexa toolbar I have no clue about as the two would be difficult to pin together even for alexa wouldn't they?

Points to a connection still being present in regards to alexa tool bar use in some respects but logic tells me that can't be so as I can't see those at Google ranking 1st on alexa using alexa toolbars for example.

TBH I don't really care all that much either as although archive.org/waybackmachine has it's uses the connected alexa things always did my head in.

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  6. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I need to see my site from 2009 to see how I had it configured. :(

EGS, Apr 16, 2010 IP