1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site's dropping like flies over night

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Infiniterb, Dec 27, 2004.

1. privateice

privateice Guest

Best Answers:
    >Anyone else seeing total drops out of the google index in the last few days that are using the co-op? I know we saw some drastic changes a few weeks ago, and people kept speculating it has DC flux, but I'm not so sure that's going to be the case this time.

I did. My whole site dropped like a stone from 50 to 175 and falling fast... but it happened in October, I think. I siscontinued the ad and am slowly climbing back into the top 100. I still have about 18 sites with links to have fall out of the Google cache before I see any effect, I think.

And my site is ALL content and no affiliate anything.

I am glad to see that I am not alone seeing this. Why is it that some people climb from 5 to 6 and I stay at 5, but my SERPs drop like a stone?

dej

privateice, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  2. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    "Blogs are HUGE in the engines and most of them use sometype of BLOG ROLLING scheme."

Excellent point. I really don't see any way that Google can penalize rotating or temporal links. I see them filtering the Coop effect by other means, but it will never be just because you have Coop links.

crew, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  3. Patient

Patient Raider

Best Answers:
    I also have 3 websites go MIA after I added the coop network. I added the coop ads to these sites early Nov and over a period starting mid November to very end of December these sites were dropped.

The symptoms are not just that G drops the rankings but gbot stops coming around entirely and as a result the pages are dropped from the index.

There could of course be many reasons that this has happened and may well not be related to the coop network. If it is the coop network that has caused this then the relevant question would have to be:

a) Is it the added outbound links
    b) Is it the added inbound links
    c) Is it a combination of a) & b)

I note with interest that Shawns blog no longer has any indexed pages and doesn't run coop ads!

Anyone else seen a site disappear please share your experience.

PS All 3 of these sites run coop ads, 2 of the sites benefit from ads in the network. I have not removed the ad network or the active ads.

Patient, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  4. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    I added "filter=0" at the url after doing my normal goggle keyword search and my site comes back right up. Tried it with a few other keywords and it worked too. What gives? How do I get back into the main search result?

mudnik, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  5. scrumble

scrumble Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi

I am running 5 co-op ads on a site which has been around since 1998, had 700+ pages indexed in Google and has always had excellent SERPs for a wide variety of keywords and phrases. A check on Google last night showed that most of the pages are no longer cached and are not showing the page title. Looks like they are being dropped. I have never experienced this before with this site. The only thing that has changed on the site in the last 2 weeks (apart from minor text updates which I do twice a month) is that I added the co-op ads. I am not advertising the same site in the co-op so it doesn't have any inbound links from the co-op.

I should have updated the site on Tuesday, but didn't get around to it. I'm considering doing it today and removing the co-op ads to see if Google will re-cache the uncached pages.

If I remember, I'll post here again if anything changes.

Cheers.

scrumble, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I will remind people that there have been several major updates over the mentioned time period. These updates have affected non Coop sites just as much.

There are some people who put up the Coop Ads the day (or in this case week) before the update. Google isn't that fast. The update had nothing to do with the Coop but instead several other factors.

Be careful when analyzing what caused your site to drop. I suggest reading through the major SEO forums and get a better feel of when and why major updates happened.

yfs1, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  7. manuctg

manuctg Peon

Best Answers:
    Ops,

Tell me if this url has been dropped from Google, please. It had PR4 and my googletoolbar doesn't show anything!!

www.ramosmartinez.com

Thanks.

manuctg, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  8. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    ProductivePC, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  9. manuctg

manuctg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, but why is PR grey in www.ramosmartinez.com? It wants to say that this url is penalized, not?

:confused:

manuctg, Feb 18, 2005 IP
  10. sue

sue Peon

Best Answers:
    The pr is 4 on mine also, and the index page in cached - however not very many of your other pages are fully cached (see here: h*p://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2003-49,GGLD:en&q=site:www%2Eramosmartinez%2Ecom )

Google also seems to think a great deal of your pages are similar hence it has only returned Results 1 - 23 of about 1,080 pages it knows about. To me this doesnt look like your site has been banned or penalized, just that its been caught by the normal duplicate content algo. I've had a quick look at a couple of pages and they do appear to be very samey - maybe if you just get some more content on them they will come back. :rolleyes:

sue, Feb 18, 2005 IP