1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitematch destroyed my rankings!

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by rpreville, Oct 8, 2005.

Soon after Yahoo took over Inkitomi, I signed up my url for Sitematch thinking it would produce the same results as Inkitomi. Sitematch failed to produce results and it destroyed my rankings in Yahoo's free search results. Although Yahoo claims to have indexed 6800 pages from my site (via site:www), I can't even rank for my own company name!

My site (www dot globaltestsupply dot com) is a legitmate commercial site with no content that would warrant banning from the SEs. It is doing extremely well in Google and MSN, but not in Yahoo.

I am under the impression that Yahoo search and Sitematch are powered by 2 different indices and that when you register for Sitematch, Yahoo removes your url from the generic search results. How can I get back in (increase rankings for pages already indexed) to the generic "free" search results without creating a new url?

In the last several months, I have tried the following so far:
    1. Optimized and re-optimized pages.
    2. Created and submitted a sub-domain.
    3. Removed my url from my sitematch account.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

rpreville, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Your site looks like it isnt having any problems. The problem is definitely with Yahoo. You shouldnt have to do anything at all with your site the way it is right now something has to happen with Yahoo. Have you tried to write them yet?

aaron_nimocks, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Nice looking page. I think your title could be improved upon. I doubt many people search for save 30% ... or whatever those first words are. I would lead with my best keyword phrase. If you are well know in your field, lead with company name, otherwise suggest you do some keyword research and go from there.

Shannon

Smyrl, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  4. rpreville

rpreville Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback! I have not contacted Yahoo yet... does anyone have a email address for yahoo in which Yahoo seems to be repsonsive to?

rpreville, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  5. rpreville

rpreville Peon

Best Answers:
    I emailed Yahoo regarding this problem and here is what they said:

"It has been determined that your site may not comply with Yahoo!'s
    Content Quality Guidelines located at: "

Do you think that the ad network violates their guidelines?

rpreville, Oct 14, 2005 IP