1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemaps vs. Revisit-After

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by fsmedia, Dec 12, 2005.

What kind of weight difference is there between the revisit-after META tag and the 'frequency' element in the sitemaps? I wonder if you specify in the sitemap that it will override the meta tag or how do they play into each other?

fsmedia, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  2. Sorror

Sorror Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorror, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  3. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So then what determines how often a Search Engine comes back to check for new data?

fsmedia, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  4. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Time really. If you show the SE's that you always have new content, they will return frequenty.

ServerUnion, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  5. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean 'show new content'? I see search engines frequently visiting my pages, but I haven't updated ANY of my content in about 3 months. I'm wondering if I should create a sitemap that specifies to only revisit my pages every month or what I should do about it. They're wasting my bandwidth and giving unfair hit results for my analytics. Any ideas how to control the Googlebot better? I want to limit the .. 'visiting hours' as it may be.

fsmedia, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  6. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you absolutely can't afford the bandwidth, I would not suggest limiting the search engines in any way.

I would really not worry about this. Work on increasing you content and traffic, not limiting the search engines who send you said traffic. Good luck...

ServerUnion, Dec 13, 2005 IP