1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemaps and Page Rank

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by sixty6, Jan 3, 2006.

Hi, I am working on SEO for CP Hosts.com and somehow it didn't get indexed yet. I created the sitemap and I see that the Page Rank for pages indexed using my Sitemap is LOW...instead of being PAGERANK NOT ASSIGNED...does that mean that CP Hosts.com is not banned from Google?

sixty6, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  2. notbob1986

notbob1986 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling cphosts.com is banned from google. The reason I say this is if you do a search for it, it doesn't find any listings and it doesn't give the message "If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link". See the two examples below.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=cphosts.com&meta=

Sorry, no information is available for the URL cphosts.com

Find web pages from the site cphosts.com
    Find web pages that contain the term "cphosts.com"

Sorry, no information is available for the URL cphodddsts.com

If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link: cphodddsts.com
    Find web pages from the site cphodddsts.com
    Find web pages that contain the term "cphodddsts.com"

notbob1986, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  3. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    any PR at all likely means you aren't banned.

I couldn't find any links to your HTML sitemap from your homepage and wasn't able to find a sitemap file at http://www.cphosts.com/sitemap.xml

You may have called your sitemap something else, but that it the proper location for the Google sitemap.

MaxPowers, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  4. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your domain was registered on 16-Sep-05 so is still quite new, when was the site live?

The reason you have no ranking is bacause you have a relatively new site with flash navigation and no text links for search engines to follow.

Submitting a site map is good if you have lots of your site indexed but want to get it all indexed - it is not a substitute for having a site that has links between pages.

Each page on your site should have a link back to the homepage, the only link to the homepage on your site is a flash one. This is really going to hurt you.

dave487, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  5. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh as it seems your site might be really penalized!! the trick notbod uses is quite useful to find out and as your site is neither cached nor indexed you are very likely to be banned! what have you done since the domain registration?

sebastianrs, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  6. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, taking your suggestions, I will add the sitemap link to my home page.

and my site is not banned, I'm pretty sure it isn't! and the website was active for nearly 4 months now.

sixty6, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  7. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, look on my main page:
    http://www.cphosts.com/

I have added an XML Sitemap and an HTML Sitemap as well! Anything else I should do to increase SEO?

I also have added Meta Tags (just in case :) )

sixty6, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  8. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You are not in Google's index and Google reports no backlinks to your site. However, there are a number of sites linking to you, mostly from forums.

For me, Toolbar PR for your home page is 0 (zero).

I think you are banned.

Now the question is why. What have you been doing to achieve that distinction?

minstrel, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  9. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How would I be banned if their sitemap service is giving me a LOW pagerank, instead of no pagerank?

sixty6, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  10. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sixty6, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  11. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First, I see PR=0 from here.

Second, as you should know, the Toolbar PR (public PR) is only updated periodically so it is not a reliable indicator of anything.

Third, and most important, I cannot find you listed at all, anywhere, in the Google index. Can you?

minstrel, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  12. TMan

TMan Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're innocent (no so called blackhat SEO), have you tried filing a reinclusion request? Maybe one of your competitors send in a spam report about you?

The google system isn't perfect and it might just have failed for you.

I see you have a link to your google sitemap on you homepage. Why is that? If you've submitted it to google they will know where to find it. Are your users interested in your xml sitemap?

I don't think anyone has a straight answer for your situation I'm afraid.

TMan, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  13. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just linked to the Sitemaps just in case :)

Anyway, GoogleBot visited my website yesterday and here are my 2 new questions:

1) Did it visit just because of the Sitemap?
    2) Did it do a routine visit?

I couldn't keep track of any older logs...

sixty6, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  14. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    minstrel, thats the question I'm asking and am still confused

sixty6, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  15. pathways2power

pathways2power Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have a similar situation (not exactly the same).

http://www.pathwaystopower.com is my home page for a few years now. I have a bunch of backward links that show up on yahoo search and alltheweb but Google just will not recognize any.

I've also never been off PR0...ever! Googlebot visits my site once every day the past 3 weeks because I'm generating traffic now.

Noteworthy: I had done the web design for a client's PR5 site then used it as a template for my own later. A few days ago I noticed I hadn't totally changed the sitemap links over from referencing the PR5 site (stupid, I know).

Also, I had another domain 'parked' on the same host as the PR0 one. As far as I know, it was not a 301 redirect. As of now, the sitemap is cleaned up, I submitted a google sitemap earlier today, and I've removed the parked domain.

My question: do you think duplicate content has caused me a penalty? If so, how is it that my pages are indexed by they won't give me a PR or recognize any of the backward links?

Do I have to wait 3 months or is there something I can do to get even a PR1 before my partner knocks me out?

Keith

pathways2power, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  16. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I believe it is just because his domain is too new, wait a few month. Even google crawl your site doesn't mean it will index it right the way

ahkip, Feb 7, 2006 IP