1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemaps and Indexing

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by mikelbeck, Nov 28, 2005.

1. petkovic

petkovic Peon

Best Answers:
    Only home page is indexed (www.mysite.net/index.html), but, there are 210 Hits by Googleboot (I saw that in my site statistics provided by hosting company)... Sitemap status is OK and no errors.

petkovic, Dec 16, 2005 IP
    _vlada_ likes this.
  2. AussieT

AussieT Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting comments but is this subject 'on topic'? Seems to have nothing to do with buying or selling websites.

I'm new to this forum so pardon my ignorance.

AussieT, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  3. angel_face

angel_face Banned

Best Answers:
    for me crawled if for a keyword or a phrase while index is indexing a page of a search engine. !:)

angel_face, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  4. mikelbeck

mikelbeck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's in the "Google Sitemaps -> Sitemaps and Indexing" forum, so I'd say yes, it's on topic.

mikelbeck, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  5. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same situation - 1800+ pages site and 250KB Sitemap created 4 hours ago. I did not know that I should split it.

Google does not tell anything about max size, but what they tell about txt file:
    "Each text file can contain a maximum of 50,000 URLs. If you site includes more than 50,000 URLs, you can separate the list into multiple text files and add each one separately. "

I think less than 2000 pages per one sitemap.xmp should not be a concern, am I right?

Freddy81, Dec 19, 2005 IP