1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap with subdomain

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by phd, Oct 9, 2008.

hello everyone,

I've a site with domain and subdomains created on the fly...

I've made the dynamic generation of sitemap to sitemap.xml at root of main site. but when it submit to the google webmaster it gives error where the links goes to the subdomain & its pages.

how to overcome this? Any clue?

phd, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  2. nichewebsitedeveloper

nichewebsitedeveloper Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are entering your subdomain as the main url and your sitemap.xml file is not in the path, then you will get an error.

nichewebsitedeveloper, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  3. Kuldeep1952

Kuldeep1952 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Each sub-domain should have its own sitemap located at the root of the sub-domain.
    The main sitemap cannot refer to sub-domain URLs.

Kuldeep1952, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  4. boysmakesh.com

boysmakesh.com Peon

Best Answers:
    first of all i tell what the mistake i did
    i added my main domain in dashboard and created sitemaps for main and sub domains and placed in their respective folders of my site and submitted.it shows error something like"url not accepted":confused:

correct procedure
    1.first add your main domain and submit its sitemap.
    2.go to dashboard and add your subdomain seperately as www.sub.main.com and verify that seperatly(next step after adding to dashboard) through metatag or HTML file.
    3.now tell the location of subdomain's sitemap to webmaster.note that subdomain's sitemap should in folder of subdomain.
    more clearly
    for www.images.yyy.com , the sitemap should be in public_html/images/sitemap.xml (or)public_html/images/.../.../sitemap.xml

as a whole there will be 4 websites in dashboard if u have 3 subdomains(1M+3S)
    Trouble in creating sitemaps ..try A1 sitemap generator.

Sincere thanks for the guy who posted in his post "sub domain is conisdered as another domain" somewwhere in this forum
    after 33 attempts of submitting my sitemaps.i finally succeed on my subdomains' sitemaps

boysmakesh.com, Nov 20, 2008 IP