1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Unsupported File Format?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by FilthyRich, Apr 21, 2010.

Hi,

I submitted my sitemap to google webmaster tools a few months ago. Everything was going well my pages were gettting indexed and all of sudden in the last week when i log in to my Google webmaster tools account i get a red cross next to my sitemap and it:

'Unsupported file format
    Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.'

The first time it happend i just left and after a day or so the sitemap started working again but today i have logged on and i am getting the same red cross and it says unsupported file format. I haven't done anything that would cause any change to my sitemap. I suppose i could resubmit my sitemap but then i have heard that if you do this a few times you risk getting your site sandboxed and thats the last thing i need right now! So peeps any suggestions on how i can resolve this issue?

Thanks in advanced!

FilthyRich, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  2. FilthyRich

FilthyRich Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone help me with this issue please?

FilthyRich, Apr 22, 2010 IP