1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

sitemap txt to highest level directory??? HELP ME please...

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by cmonline, Jul 24, 2006.

All my files are in the same directory,

mydomain.com
    mydomain.com/x.html
    mydomain.com/y.html

but according to google I need to submit by txt sitmap file to the highest level directory, and remove that URL from my txt file...

I have good grasp of seo, but unfortunately lack on the actual programming side as regards xml or feeds.. I have put togather this massive txt doc and don;t now what to do with it..

Please can you help me. I know I'm not up to standard on programming, but I loads of stupid stuff about economics if anyone is interested... late seo starter...

If you ask for my site I can give you the url, but I don't want to get kicked of the forum on my first day...

cmonline, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  2. cmonline

cmonline Peon

Best Answers:
    ok just successfully submitted - thanks to another post - via xmlsitemaps (sorry can't even enter the url it seems) and with HUGE thanks to Crazy Rob..

You are my hero of the month... I need to see it work, but the fact that I did it and sitemaps accepted it is good for me so far...

Big time thanks CR
    L

I'd still like to know what I needed to do for the txt file though if anyones willing?

cmonline, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  3. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you already have .xml sitemap, there is really no need to upload a .txt based one. You may be able to use it for Yahoo though.

websitetools, Jul 25, 2006 IP