1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

sitemap status help?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by yapyap2006, Mar 5, 2006.

Hi there? my site is new. i have an idea that the new site is about to go first on google Sandbox to filter my site, this could long about 5 to 6moths am i right?
    I been pass my sitemap 4 days ago, until now I don’t see any statistic for my sites results. Can u help me on this? Need some advice, Thank you?
    How long could it take?

My site has been verified

This is the massages when I try to view my stats:
    STATUS
    -Data is not available at this time. Please check back later for statistics about your site.
    ERROR:
    - We have no errors to report. We crawl regularly, so check back later to see updates.
    -ROBOTS.TXT
    Status 200
    Home page access you are not blocking access to your home page.

Suggestions:
    • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    • Try different keywords.
    • Try more general keywords.

I used ror tools to generate my sitemap to Xml.

yapyap2006, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  2. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    How new is the site exactly? I added a new site to sitemaps and google still did not crawl or index my site until it starting finding links pointing to it.

So I'm thinking submitting to sitemaps itself will not initiate a crawl, it just ensures it finds all your pages when it does crawl. That new site of mine has just 2 pages indexed in G now. (out of 150). So I'm focused on building relevent links, this should help you too.

corinaw, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  3. chowtimes

chowtimes Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there:
    I submitted my sitemap to Google Sitemaps and Google picked that up in 3 days. Google will LIKELY start crawling your site two weeks after you submitted your URL -- that was my experience on my old blog.
    Hope that helps
    Ben
    http://www.chowtimes.com

chowtimes, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  4. softplus

softplus Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will do just about nothing until your site has some decent backlinks. Sitemaps or not -- Links are what make Google come around.

Using Sitemaps it may (possibly) index the main URL (eg "www.domain.com/"), but it will certainly drop back out of the index if no good backlinks are found. No Links, no listing.

Of course with "links" I don't mean joining a link-exchange :D - Google, especially with BigDaddy, is really after pure natural-looking links.

Once Google starts to crawl and index your site you will start to see that stats (it might take a while, though, even if it is being crawled + indexed). The stats are neat, but nothing that you shouldn't know of anyway, right? :D

softplus, Mar 14, 2006 IP