1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

sitemap shows different results

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Keone, May 21, 2006.

Hi,

when looking at my sitemap statistics in google I noticed they show very different results than the "real" serps

I know things are different on different datacenters but these results show results that differ over 40 positions. At first I thought it had something to do with the fluxing of the results we had a while back but now that that smoothened out (at least for me) they still show these results. In fact it got updated yesterday and the results are even better.

In sitemaps my serp for my main keyword phrase shows me a position 8 while I really have a position 42.

strange thing though... It normally shows 20 results and now only 16. I guess that has something to do with the drop of my indexed pages which is now only 9 :mad: ...

thought I would share and see if others had the same thing

Keone, May 21, 2006 IP
  2. aditrap

aditrap Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same issue.

While google sitemap shows I am on position 15 (sometimes 9) for my main keyword, I am actually at pos 100+

The first thought that came up in my mind was that they have not added filters in the stats they show in sitemaps...

What are your thoughts?

AD

aditrap, May 22, 2006 IP
  3. drhfinegifts

drhfinegifts Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here.

I think they rolled the sitemaps info back or it's not updating correctly.

For me, it looks like the same search terms & placement that was showing prior to all the April mess.

drhfinegifts, May 22, 2006 IP
  4. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah the sitemaps data is all over the show after they messed up with the rollout of Big Daddy.

cormac, May 22, 2006 IP