1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Resubmit Questions

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by GavinP, Jul 17, 2012.

Hi all,

I added a couple of pages to my website, so a couple of weeks ago I decided to resbmit my XML sitemap to Google.

The first time I submitted my sitemap I submitted 13 URL's and had 11 indexed.
    SEMrush

This time I've submitted 15 URL's but have just 3 indexed.

I'm crashing down the search rankings, obviously.

Clearly I've done something wrong but I have to admit the world of Google's Site Maps is a complete mystery to me.

Can anybody point in the right direction? I didn't re-generate the sitemap before I resubmitted it, so was that the problem? Was I supposed to delete the first site map from my Google Analytics account before I resubmitted the sitemap?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    GavinP, Jul 17, 2012 IP
    SEMrush
  2. semwinner

semwinner Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not know you point clearly, if you add some new pages, why not re-generate your sitemap? if you do not re-generate it, how make those new added pages included in your sitemap? how to let Google know there are new added things in your pages? And, what you need do is generating a new sitemap to contain all pages, and then upload the new one to cover the old one. and if you want to own a faster index speed you can Ping for your target search engines.

semwinner, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  3. GavinP

GavinP Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just added the new pages to the existing sitemap file myself and then resubmitted it to Google. I didn't realise I'd have to go off and generate a whole new file, upload it to my directory, replace the old sitemap in its entirity and then resubmit the new one to Google.

GavinP, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  4. Muhammadsajjad

Muhammadsajjad Peon

Best Answers:
    I have added a site in Google map.. but after a few months, I needed to change location and other info from Google map.. but it did not change? can anyone tell me how will it solve? need good and relevant answer.

Muhammadsajjad, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  5. GavinP

GavinP Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, so I've re-generated a new sitemap and submitted it to Google. As this sitemap has superceeded the first sitemap should I now remove the first sitemap from my root directory and Google Webmaster account?

GavinP, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  6. Muhammadsajjad

Muhammadsajjad Peon

Best Answers:
    I have added a site in Google map.. but after a few months, I needed to change location and other info from Google map.. but it did not change? can anyone tell me how will it solve? need good and relevant answer. Please answer GavinP...

Muhammadsajjad, Jul 19, 2012 IP