1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap generator to use that excludes directories?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by David26, Jul 8, 2011.

Hello, I am a programmer so I usually code scripts like sitemaps myself. However I am too busy at the moment and am looking for a sitemap generator that allows me to ignore certain directories or only search within a directory when spidering for links. I have one site that has directories with different content, such as:

www.site.com/games
    www.site.com/business
    www.site.com/music

I would like for a sitemap generator to only locate links in the business directory for example, and ignore links from the games and music directories. All of the sitemaps I have came across lack this feature. Thank you.

David26, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can look at output filters (URLs that gets included in sitemap after website scan finishes) and analysis filters (which URLs get analyzed for links during crawl) in A1 Sitemap Generator. Be sure to turn off "Easy mode" to access the options.

websitetools, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  3. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but a lot of these scanners I know have a link limit and they go way off the path in the beginning so I need to limit just to one area.

David26, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  4. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will certainly look back at this directory if someone has provided an answer to this. Bookmarked the page and will be coming back to check.

unknownpray, Aug 23, 2011 IP