1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap generator giving me error: Invalid response code: -1

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by irideflatland, Jul 14, 2006.

What does that mean? I'm using AuditMyPC.com's sitemap generator and when I click on the errors tab I see that error for ever single one of my pictures. What's going on?

irideflatland, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  2. weppos

weppos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try with an other one?
    We need to know if it's a tool or site error.

weppos, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  3. irideflatland

irideflatland Banned

Best Answers:
    No I haven't tried it with another. But I checked it on FPS Gaming and Halo 2 Glitches and the result was the same for both.

irideflatland, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  4. weppos

weppos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to use http://gsitecrawler.com/ :)

weppos, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  5. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Invalid response code: -1 looks tool-specific because I've never seen it coming from Google. The question is... is it the coding on your site, the settings used on the tool, security software on your site confusing it for an attack of some sort. Most tools out there won't give you very useful feedback if there is an issue.

I personally review each website coming through AutoMapIt.com and may be able to tell you exactly what is going wrong and often times, how to fix it so that your website is nice and spider-friendly.

If you have problems with other tools, stop by and sign up at my site. There may be issues that the spider is specifically setup to find, even though GSite is a good one. I used to use it myself.

MaxPowers, Jul 17, 2006 IP