1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Generator for a idiot

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Andrew10, Sep 21, 2014.

Hi DP friends!

Im just going back to my site map as I created it in a rush without having a clue what I was doing, and it turns out its quite important... I want to see if you will help me understand it. Can someone please explain point by point what all these bits mean

Ive attached a screen shot of the generator.

Help will be golden!!

P.S. the little ? doesn't work and won't tell me what it does

Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 20.18.59.png

Andrew10, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  2. Andrew10

Andrew10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i.e what is "Change Frequency", "Last Modification", and "priority"? Complete newbie at this.

Ive nailed the "starting URL" and the "Start" button ;) hahah

Andrew10, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  3. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    websitetools, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  4. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    Step1. First enter your website url who sitemap you want to create
    step 2. change Frequency - set change frequency according you your site pages update. Ie Which pages of the websites are how frequent update. For example - set daily for your blog of the website, because blog is the section which is updated on daily basis. Set home page for weekly frequency because you can not updated your home page daily. if you can, then set it on daily. and so on...

step3: priority: priority means give priority 1 to so on for the pages which are important for you.

Then click on start to genrate the sitemap. It will generate sitemap for 500 pages in free and if your website has more than 500 pages then you need to take paid package.

Manmohan Singh, Oct 1, 2014 IP