1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap for Subdomain ????

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by mxicoders, Feb 12, 2011.

Hi all,

I m confused when trying to create sitemap for a site which has 1o subdomains.Also I have some pages in main domain. I have done a lot of research and I got answer like I have to create different sitemaps for all subdomains and one sitemap containing all subdomains.
    But I m confused that can I include the pages of main domain in the sitemap which has the sitemap of all subdomains ?
    Please help me......

Thanks in advance...:confused:

mxicoders, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  2. chestercaldwel

chestercaldwel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're a little bit confused my friend. Let me explain.
    You have to create a site map for your site and an individual site map for each sub domain its because search engines treat each sub domain as a different site. The site map you've created for your site will contain all your pages as well as sub domains..
    That's it.
    Suppose you have a site having 2 sub domains and 4 pages ( including home page ). Then you have to create 3 site maps. One for your site that will contain sub domain and pages and two different for sub domains..

chestercaldwel, Feb 14, 2011 IP