1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SiteMap For PHPBB Forums?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by techno_brains, Feb 13, 2006.

Is There Any PHPBB Forum Mod That'll Help Me Create A .XML SiteMap...?

techno_brains, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  2. talknames.com

talknames.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i am looking for one also for VB forum

talknames.com, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  3. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok im opening a really old threat on this but in my research i found this site in the top ten pages for what i was looking for... so i figured i would go ahead and post a link containing a PHPBB Forum mod for a sitemap..

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/5380

Hope someone finds this useful :)

Design1, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  4. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the forum integrated with the rest of the website (i.e. not in a subdomain of its own), you could also use a website crawler sitemap creator. It might be slower (after all, a website crawler can not retrieve all the data from a DB), but should otherwise give much the same results.

websitetools, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  5. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    A website Crawler has the added advantage of seeing your website like the search crawlers do. This may uncover unknown errors in your site that a plugin won't find because it just creates a sitemap of what *should* be there. It wouldn't be good to have Google catch your coding errors and you still don't know they are there.

A true web crawler would also be able to find pages of your site that aren't in your forum database, but even if all you have is phpBB, a true spider ought to let you know whether or not you have a spider friendly website and where to look for potential problems.

MaxPowers, Aug 24, 2006 IP