1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap for a travelsite with wikifeatures

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Cypherus, May 16, 2008.

Hi there,

Im currently working on developing a website that will have more than 10.000 destinations in its database. All the destination will have from 0 til 10 subpages. All these subpages can be edited by its members, kind of in a wikipedia way, just heaps more simple. I want Google to take notice of every change made on the site, but since there is so many sites I worry that it might take time before the crawlers manage to scan that deep - so I need a sitemap to tell Google whenever there is a change.

To make things easier, lets say there are only two destinations on my site, australia and mexico. There are also only two users, userA and userB.

userA goes to travel.com/mexico and edits a subsite called "Things to do". A new url is generated (travel.com/mexico/things_to_do). Ok, so thats simple - I just include that URL in the sitemap.

Then userA does the same thing for the australia destination and the subpage travel.com/australia/things_to_do is made. Again, I just add it to the sitemap.

BUT..

then comes userB into the picture and add some information to travel.com/mexico/things_to_do and travel.com/australia/things_to_do ! How do I add that do the sitemap? Do I just re-add the URLs? Do I delete the old one so it doesnt appear twice in the same sitemap?

In summary, How do I make Google re-check an URL that have just been submitted to the sitemap, if the content on that spesific URL has been updated? Do I just add the URL again?

Cypherus, May 16, 2008 IP
  2. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone ever worked with dynamic pages where the content of a spesific URL regulary changes?

Cypherus, May 17, 2008 IP