1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Download and Googlebot Crawl

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by SonHouse, Jul 15, 2006.

Ok..I set up a sitemap and tested it and everything seems to be working fine. I submitted it to google yesterday, and since it says it's been downloaded a bunch of times with a status of OK, a few times a day. Then I noticed on the Diagnostic page that the Googlebot last crawled my site on 7/5 so my question is, is the download and crawl the same thing?

Also, if the bot last tried to visit during a time the server was down, would my pages be dropped completely? or does it revert to listing pages based on the previous crawl?

How often does the bot visit?

Thanks...

SonHouse, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  2. keithchan

keithchan Peon

Best Answers:
    Download is referring to the download of your submitted sitemap and crawl means the robot visiting your site.

If the crawler visit your site during which your site is unavailable, I guess they will return for a few times. But if your site is constantly down, they might withdraw your results.

Google doesn't reveal how often they robots visit your site but you can tell the bots by stating it in your sitemap.

keithchan, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  3. Ace_India

Ace_India Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't Crawl any website according to Sitemap. My Website sitemap has been downloded on regurlar basis but it is yet to be indexed in google.All other search engines has indexed it. It is a new domain although, We used to thought that Google is fast in indexing but this is not actually.

Ace_India, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  4. freespace

freespace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I noticed is the last crawl date matches the cache date that is in google's index.

freespace, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  5. JBauer

JBauer Guest

Best Answers:
    I posted a sitemap a week ago, and my site was crawled showing some errors with the sitemap, however none of the pages indexed?

JBauer, Jul 20, 2006 IP