1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap does not result in properly indexed pages

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by FFMG, Oct 28, 2005.

I have submitted my sites to google 5 days ago, fairly quickly google downloaded the files and changed the status to OK, in fact google reports that the file is updated every 2/3 hours.
    But when I look at the indexed pages in google, every page is wrong, (and a _lot_ are missing), obviously I missed something. Isn’t sitemap supposed to help google index the correct pages?
    My sitemap.xml is correct, and in any case the pages indexed by google are not even in the file.

If not, what is it for really?

FFMG

FFMG, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How good is my haircut FMG ?

You don't have a clue do you, because I haven't given you enough information ;)

So give us a url that you included, and the url that google has listed and we might have more of a clue as to why this is happening.

I see your from the dodgy side of London, I take it you mean the East end?

I am off up there in December for some Crimbo shopping, staying at Custom House on docklands

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  3. FFMG

FFMG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice pigtails :)

Do you mean the xml page?, http://www.insurance-owl.com/sitemap.xml
    But I am sure Google has a good reason not to have indexed the pages yet, I am just curious as to the point of having sitemap in the first place.
    Why download it so often and not notice that none of the pages indexed are actually listed.

No, I mean South London; I used to live in North London so to us the South was the 'Dodgy side'.

FFMG

FFMG, Oct 28, 2005 IP