1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap accessed but not indexed

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by bengalicddvd, Mar 24, 2009.

I have 7 years old e-commerce site with lots of pages indexed. However, I recently added sitemap and it almost a week since then. I see that google accessed the sitemap, but the stats say that zero indexes from sitemap. I am scared that it may remove my already indexes pages. Is it normal or I am missing something here.

Thanks

bengalicddvd, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  2. Betimii

Betimii Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have the same problem with my forum!

Betimii, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  3. africlic

africlic Peon

Best Answers:
    me too.. any help?

africlic, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  4. akashga

akashga Peon

Best Answers:
    Google might have accessed ur sitemap and analyzing the same before giving complete data. Just wait for another 2-3 days and if you wouldn't get the desired results, contact Google team with the details.

all the best!

akashga, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  5. nickardo

nickardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Add your link to several high ranked sites and your site will be indexed within 3 days

nickardo, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  6. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's just a matter of time when they include your indexed pages into their search results. Google filters all the pages and they won't guarantee that every pages in your sitemap will be included into their index.

mdamin76, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  7. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can not trust the indexed urls in webmaster tools. The linked article proves that "indexed" has no correlation to actually indexed URLs in Google. Personally I believe it means URLs in sitemap "verified to be indexed" by Google Webmaster Tools.

websitetools, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  8. eposdirect

eposdirect Peon

Best Answers:
    i m also this problem facing now

eposdirect, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  9. Monker

Monker Peon

Best Answers:
    Reading the replies it appears that there is some problem with googles sitemaps as I to have a prob with it.

Monker

Monker, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  10. Steven_Reiz

Steven_Reiz Peon

Best Answers:
    There seems to be no real relation between what Google Web Master Tools regards as indexed and what is really indexed, e.g. using site:yourdomain.com. For one of my sites WMT has reported 0 URLs in the index for more than three weeks now, even though site: shows that that isn't so. For my Blogger blog WMT started reporting some sitemap URLs as indexed after one or two weeks, but the count is still lagging behind what's really in Google.

Maybe we should file a bug report with the big G :)

Steven_Reiz, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  11. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you read the article I linked earlier, you can see it most likely means URLs in sitemap "verified to be indexed".... Since as others also have stated... It can absolutely not be indexed URLs (the article also proves this through a simple test anyone can make). I don't know how many support questions I have received because of this :))

websitetools, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  12. scribe

scribe Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe this is true. But since you mentioned that your site is 7 years old and I supposed it must have already built a solid foundation. I read somewhere that the more linkback you got the faster it is for google to crawl or index your site. However, I got a 3 day old blog and when I submitted a sitemap to google it was indexed within a couple of days if not hours. My two week old blog with about 2 or 3 posts was indexed in just an hour or so but I think it was due to the fact that it was connected with an article I wrote on ezine. Try resubmitting a sitemap. It might do the trick.

scribe, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  13. dlmania

dlmania Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't use the Google Webmaster tool to find how many pages Google had indexed. I was concerned about this as well and had posted a concern in the Google Webmaster Help Forum. I was advised to ignore that count and search for my site on Google instead (site:abc.com) and see the number of results it threw up. The count in my Webmaster Tool was 2, in Google results it was 240+.

dlmania, Apr 8, 2009 IP