1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitelink extensions questions

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by i_am_dhaval, Sep 12, 2016.

can i use @ sign in sitelink extensions description ?

can anyone give good example of sitelink extensions i

how many sitelink extensions i need to ad? min. ?

if tick mobile option under sitelink extensions is that also come for desktop laptop and tablet ?

i_am_dhaval, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sitelinks extensions are pretty much the same as regular ads. In other words, same rules. I don't know of any rules against using @. I don't recall ever using this symbol. I'm sure it's fine using it once, maybe twice. Just try it and see. If there's a problem in the way you use it, Google will let you know.

Many ways you could potentially use sitelinks. I have a client that sells tool parts. In this industry, people search on the brand and the word "parts". So for example, "dewalt model compressor parts". Few search on the specific part strangely enough. Anyway, on this campaign, I have sitelinks to some of the common parts (filter, belt...) for that model. So if they need a new belt, they just have to click on the sitelink and be taken to that page selling the belt.

Another example is a client with free samples of his product. I have that as a sitelink as well as testing a specifications page, design samples and a few other things. You need to make sitelinks relevant. I've seen many times ads with "Contact Us" sitelinks which seemed like a waste to me. But that's why you test these things. Don't just create sitelinks just for the sake of it or put anything in but the kitchen sink. The more value you show in the link, the better for you.

When you create sitelinks, I know Google says something like "add a minimum of 2". But I've tested this and if you have just one sitelink, it appears to display just that one. Two would be better so at least you could test but I think it will show two if you have them. It will show up to four sitelinks. Again, test different ones.

You did not ask but you should be aware of callout extensions as well. My suggestion is to test one thing at a time, not use everything under the sun right away. For instance, I create ads first and test those. Then, based on my metrics, I will typically ad callout extentions and see the effect. When possible, I will use sitelinks and pause the callouts to see what effect they have. I optimize the callouts or sitelinks. Then I test using all three at the same time: ads, sitelinks and callouts. Often times, it is detrimental to use all of it. Again, that's why you test and test one thing at a time. Over time, you use what works the best. Don't be like one client who wanted ads, callouts and sitelinks and anything else that would use up more screen space right away. That is not a good approach and makes it harder to determine what provides the best results. It may be that ads and callouts do or just ads and sitelinks.

Other ad extensions are location (address), good for local advertisers, call (phone number) also good for local but also national, especially if you have a toll-free number. A few more I have yet to use such as the app extension where you can place ads on specific apps.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 13, 2016 IP
  3. i_am_dhaval

i_am_dhaval Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great thanks

one more question there is mobile tick box , if i tick mobile option under sitelink extensions is that also come for desktop laptop and tablet ?

i_am_dhaval, Sep 14, 2016 IP