1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site will not auto validate???

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by compar, Nov 23, 2004.

I have set up a new account for a second web site. We have followed all the instructions and when I try to auto validate I get this message" Ads not found on http://www.stopcapitalpunishment.org/coverage/15.html". I have no idea what "coverage/15.html" is. There is no page on my site with that name or designation.

The ads are on http://www.stopcapitalpunishment.org/ and all the pages in the site. Can you suggest what is wrong?

I also see that when you setup a second account and web site you have the option of directing all the weight to the main site. How about an option to direct weight from the main site to a secondary site?

compar, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  3. Arnica

Arnica Peon

Best Answers:
    Bob

'coverage/15.html' is active on the site linked from the 'Press Coverage' section. It appears to be html dump of the Chicago Tribune article (has 'saved from URL' etc in the page source) dated January 1 2003. Just checked and it would appear all the pages in that section are reposted articles which don't have the ads.

Mick

Arnica, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I placed the ad with a footer SSI and I thought it applied to all pages. But I guess not. Thank you for doing the detective work.

Edit followup to Shawns post, necessitated by the stupid two post rule:

Ok Shawn. So it is the posting of an article. Do I have to have the ad on every page in the site to get validated?

compar, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  5. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    Yes, or it will occassionaly fail spot checks.

thebassman, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes... the ad network is site-wide. So it would need to be on all pages (unless you use a directory as your base URL, then it would need to be on all pages within just that directory).

digitalpoint, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  7. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help everybody. I beat it into submission and now the site validates.

compar, Nov 23, 2004 IP