1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Wide Link

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by carowan, Jun 30, 2005.

I have the opportunity to add a site wide link to a site I am currently working on but have a question.

Should I:

1) create a static link with the same anchor text on everypage.

or

2) create an array in PHP that will allow me to have a link that changes the anchor text every time the page is loaded?

I understand google has recently devalued links that change often, but in this case, it would only be the anchor text, not the link?

What do you think?

carowan, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  2. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would do the array.

honey, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have a static link on each page, but not necesarily the same anchor text on each page. This way you have different anchor text, but the links aren't changing

exam, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  4. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:

I think that is what i am going to do.

carowan, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  5. aspcoder

aspcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    When there are thousands of pages, it is not possible to use link individually on each page. As generally pages r created from DB. In that case, array is the only option.

aspcoder, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  6. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would do a static link but make sure the site linked to is not linking back to me with sitewide links.

Web Gazelle, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  7. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make an array of 100 anchor text options, assign them 'semi-randomly' to each of the site's 10000 pages based on some characteristic of the page or data being pulled from DB. That way links will be 'static'. :)

exam, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  8. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    this is what i have been looking into, it wont be as broad as 100 options (maybe 10) and I will have it picked out of the array randomly.

I am using this with RSStatic(.com) it seems like a good way to add content through a feed. In 2 days I added 200 pages from the feed. Im just editing the sig line at the bottom to add an additional link.

carowan, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  9. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Carowan,
    You are aware that search engines are cracking down on sites that add RSS feeds that have no relevance to the site topic itself? Getting that many pages in 2 days can result in RSS spamming....something that SEs don't like, IMHO.

driven, Jul 1, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  10. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it hard to believe that anyone would add a rss feed to a site that wasn't relevant to the site.

jlawrence, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  11. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    Driven,

I have considered it, but I will be using a closely related topic and will throttle the amount of pages back to approx 5 per day.

The feed I was originally considering has over 75 items/day- but I will put an upper limit to it.

Without RSS the site would remain static forever, so I figured I would add this to expand its range and content.

carowan, Jul 6, 2005 IP