1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Successful now goes down hill

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by TAshkar18, Aug 21, 2007.

http://kingshady.com <-- was great when it started 100 members/1.5k posts in the first 5 days, it was going great then after that it could like 1 month and half to get 200 members and 2k posts and now people rarely post, like i left for 4 days and i came back and saw like 10 new posts and yesterday i was gone the whole day, 2 new posts!!

any ideas how i can spice it up again?

I have a beat contest going on where winner gets 15 dollars...

TAshkar18, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. mrcrowley

mrcrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    More competitions and perks for members only with a certain ammount of posts, free downloads that sort of thing :)

mrcrowley, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  3. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you looked at your traffic history and where your visitors are coming from? It sounds like you had a spike in your traffic that has died off.

It could have been that a link to your site may have been on the front page of a popular site and has now moved off the front page as new content was added.

Chopster, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  4. mrcrowley

mrcrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very possible too.
    Keep on promoting!

mrcrowley, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  5. TAshkar18

TAshkar18 Peon

Best Answers:
    no that is not the reason, the reason for the spike was cuz i actually did major advertising, advertised non stop for 22 hours and that got me that 100 members fast...

i'm not worried about getting members, cuz i get members steadily i get like 4-5 new members a day. but the problem is none post they join but don't post

TAshkar18, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  6. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it because there is no more interest for Eminem's new album???

ablaye, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  7. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    I've run a forum before and from my experience, you have to invest a lot of time to get enough members to create an actual dialogue between them all.

The problem is that 5 people join on a given day. 1 of those 5 people posts a comment or question. Nobody responds or answers, so that one person leaves and never returns thinking that the forum is dead.

The best thing a forum webmaster can do is hope another member will respond, if not, then sign up an alias and respond to the person to make them feel that the site is active. It is decieving, but it helps to create the sense that the forum is alive and not dead.

Chopster, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  8. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    Try paying people to post. Without anyone posting no one will spend there time on a forum. There has to be a live group of people to keep others coming back for more.

Gatorade, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  9. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should change the darker theme try to make it more readable and add some new threads, send email notifying your inactive members the new changes that you've made on and request them to revisit and contribute to your forum.

bobchrist, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  10. LadyHoldem

LadyHoldem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am having this same trouble, I hired a forum posting service.. now to be blunt, I hired a service to post on a forum that is primarily about prostitution related services.. and the service posted that they DO NOT have sex for money ... My gosh what are people thinking .. trying to pay for sex :p hehehe

Sooo.. make sure they 'get' the topic ;)

LadyHoldem, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  11. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    You've got to give them an incentive to post. I'm not sure how complicated a revenue-sharing system like DP's is, but that would be a decent start.

davewashere, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  12. LadyHoldem

Best Answers:
    Didn't some1 say it was an Eminem site? DO you spoze eminem fans want to .. share adsence? ..

I mean webmaster Em fans may be interested, but the average person.. no idea wth adsence is :p

13. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    It is all about incentive. But don't think incentive always has to be monetary! Get creative and find a way to offer your users some tool or experience they can't get somewhere else. Maybe an Eminem joke rap song generator where folks put in some information about themselves and it spits out a funny rap based on common lyrics from his songs... you get the point.

As to why your traffic dropped... your budget dropped! ;-) Keeping users around is a tricky business... I would for starters try shrinking your forum topics down to the most popular... this gives the users less places to go, but focuses what traffic you do have on the more popular forums, giving a better appearance of activity. Next... you are going to have to do some work. Make some fun categories where you post a cool or funny eminem quote of the day with a picture and allow folks to comment. Or have a section where you post sample audio clips and folks have to guess the song and they can win something.

Hope these ideas help.

Sockmoney, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  14. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice looking forum- You may want to try and use sig links and get on other hiphop forums and post some decent threads, check-out big-boards.com if u dont already know. Once it catches on fire you will be alright I'm sure and if slim comes out with another album soon

easterwolf, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  15. LadyHoldem

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of forums.. I don't think it's so much about incentive.... I've earned abooout 4 pennies from DP i think i dunno, but not much ;)

I join a forum because I was reading something.. and now I have to reply. It's that simple.. and now that I've replied.. I have to go back, and see if someone replies to my replies.. and so on ;)

To mucha that incentive stuff and what you get is fluff, not conversation..

16. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Revenue sharing may be based on the total number of posts you have made. Besides this adsense thing requires clicks. There are around 7500 members on this forum. Everytime I have been to this site, I haven't clicked on a Google Ad. Also this forum is not bogged down with a lot of adsense ads. That is what I like most about it. I personally hate adsense and adwords. They are way too strict on how you word your ads. If a keyword isn't in your site 40 million times. Oh well you can't use that because it isn't relevant. Google sucks.

Getting traffic to your site and posts on your site is going to require a lot of advertising in relevant places. Like an ad on this site probably won't get a lot of attention for Eminem focused content. Most people want convenience. I haven't checked out your site, but you may want to see if members can respond by email to posts. Also make sure they can get emailed when someone has responded to their posts. You need a lot of threads or categories that are not even close to the main topic. It is more or less a community. Nobody likes to talk about the same topic all the time. Sometimes they want to talk about their baby's momma, crazy x-husband, etc. You may want to see if there is a way for people to upload video to your site. YouTube has radically changed how people communicate. We aren't that far off from widespread use of video phones. We are visual creatures... we like see and hear. Not just read and/or hear.

Add the video functionality and they can upload covers of the Eminem songs. A lot of people do covers on YouTube. You could also have a rap contest like 8 mile or something like that. Charge an entry fee and give the winner the proceeds. Then make users post their vote via text instead of video and that way there will be more posts. I'm sure a lot of Eminem fans are rapper wannabe's anyway. So they would probably jump at the chance. Just a thought.

JJP

jjpmarketing, Aug 22, 2007 IP
    LadyHoldem likes this.
  17. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is about the google new content bonus , this is a sample of your future if you work on and it will be better.

zangief, Aug 22, 2007 IP