1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Slow browsing issue

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Aqil Khan, Dec 27, 2015.

Hi All
    I have an ecommerce site which has slow browsing issue ,the site is based on woocommerce with Hostgator hosting .Previously I had reseller hosting due to slow browsing I moved my site to hostgator but still having the same issue.
    How to increase its speed any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Site :www.babymart.pk

Aqil Khan, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have 165 total file requests totaling 4 megabytes. No site that bloated is going to load fast.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/eme47z/http://www.babymart.pk

If you want to speed it up, you can remove some files you do not necessarily need. Or maybe you can consolidate some of your 33 CSS files and 38 javascript files. lol

Your index page loaded in 2.53 seconds which may not be bad if the Amsterdam test server is far away from where your server is located. You could speed that up if you want to use a Wordpress caching plugin. Your real problem is your massive number of file requests.

billzo, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  3. Aqil Khan

Aqil Khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank You Billzo for the quick reply.

As its an ecommerce site so I have all the images files mostly and I just have 130 plus products uploaded so far and I want to increase it to 500 if in initial stage its like that what will be its performance if I reached 500 I saw many woocommerce sites which has 1000 plus products but their speed performance is awosome. So what do and donts you recommend when uploading products images?

I have Hostgator India Hosting which has server located in India and I am in Pakistan right now.

I have not any caching plugin right now someone told me that never use caching plugin as it badly effect on the site performance so should I go for any caching plugin what you suggest will it improve the site speed performance?

How can I overcome with this massive number of file request as I dont want to remove product images?

Aqil Khan, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing you can do is look at a Wordpress plugin to "minify" or combine your CSS and JS files into one larger file. I am not familiar with them, but there are several for you to look at and some seem to have been abandoned.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=minify
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/

You can also ask for recommendations on the Wordpress support forum.

https://wordpress.org/support/

You may not be able to eliminate your product images, but you should be able to do something about the 71 javascript and CSS files you have. If you can minify those files using a plugin to combine them into less files, you probably could noticeably reduce your load time. I think HostGator has Cloudflare ability for free, right? After you examine minifying your CSS and Javascript, you could always take a look at the free Cloudflare offerings.

billzo, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  5. Aqil Khan

Aqil Khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the guidance.

Aqil Khan, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  6. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    enable all the cache feature including database cache, browser cache and file cache... that will be recommended.
    I have noted there is some problem with your website size, and 4MB is something too heavy for any webpage... you need to reduce it to somewhere around 1MB or less.

charlesgan, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  7. Aqil Khan

Aqil Khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How I can enable database cache, browser cache and file cache?

Aqil Khan, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  8. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Try the wordpress plugin on cache as mentioned above on db, browser and file.. Just get the plugin and get it installed. Try for it. Hope it will help you.

m.sivarajan, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  9. TheThriftyVaper

TheThriftyVaper Member

Best Answers:
    Aqil, if your website is Wordpress based look into using W3 Total Cache or something similar. I personally use W3 and have a very JS heavy website. W3 contains JS/CSS Minify options as well as the options for database caching and leveraging browser caching. While all this is great be sure to monitor your site for and issues that may occur when heavily optimizing.

Also, Utilize a CDN to distribute your content. Wordpress Jetpack offers "Photon" that is a CDN for your images. I've had great experiences with bunnycdn which i currently use, KeyCDN, and Amazon's cloudfront. Cloudfront can be setup for free as long as you don't exceed a certain amount of requests if im not mistaken. Bunny CDN is quite cheap and has been great, for $5 USD you get quite a lot of bandwidth to use. KeyCDN is the next affordable option and their CDN is great as well.

Cheers

TheThriftyVaper, Jan 19, 2016 IP