1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site revamp

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Trance-formation, Oct 23, 2004.

I'd be grateful for comments on my revamp of myHypnosis MP3s and CDs site. It's a major overhaul, including renaming pages and using 301 redirects which I've never done before. The navigation was a big issue, because the old navigation set up was looking really messy.

I like this one much better :)

Trance-formation, Oct 23, 2004 IP
  2. Dji-man

Dji-man Peon

Best Answers:
    is it normal that all your links turn to blue/default color when you click on a link to a secondary page? Also, you forgot the link back to the home page on your logo.

Personally, I think your link font is a bit too small (mozilla) and I find your gradient bg color annoying on the links. You should also considering using a external css instead of style="" in all your tags.

Dji-man, Oct 23, 2004 IP
  3. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    It is at the moment :)

The site is an improvement on the original... but I don't like the link colours, I admit. That is the next thing I have to look into. The whole CSS and style thing is fairly new to me.

Done!

The font size was an attempt to unclutter what had become a very cluttered links list, but when I revisit the link colour I'll also look at the sizing (tomorrow... it's gone 1am here :))

See above :eek:

Thanks for the feedback

Trance-formation, Oct 23, 2004 IP
  4. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    OK... I've shifted some stuff over to CSS (must get my head round writing sites like that from scratch :)) and modified the text both in colour and size... any clearer?

Trance-formation, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  5. Dji-man

Dji-man Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, it's better in size, but even more difficult to read with blue links on purple bg. You should increase the contrast between your links color and your background color. And this is very difficult to do with a dark-to-light gradient background. If you want to keep your menu's look, you should make your gradient background twice as wide and put your light-colored links on the dark part only. It is not natural for someone to read a text on a changing background color. It is the usual dilemma usability vs design. :rolleyes:

A good CSS site is www.richinstyle.com . It has tutorials and bugs guides.

good luck,

Dji-man, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  6. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I love it,,
    But i know nothing about web design :(
    Putting it all in a table with a blue border round it looks nice :)
    ...but on a serious note...i see you have your site name AND the graphic hyperlinked..
    i'm not sure but does this mean that someone with Norton04 with ad blocking ON...will not see either your graphic OR site name ??
    I won't let norton near my P.C's..so i cannot confirm this
    Regards
    GEM

Solicitors Mortgages, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  7. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Thanks... I'm going to play with a less severe gradient tonight, and the CSS tutorials look invaluable. Hopefuly a lighter blue background with a darker text will stand out more

Thanks... and don't forget, most people don't. They just know what they like, and that's what I've got to hit ;)

I've no idea... anyone else? I'll look into it

Trance-formation, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  8. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Solicitors Mortgages, Oct 24, 2004 IP