1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site revamp SEO query...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ian_ok, Feb 16, 2005.

I've just completed the design of a database and soon properties that are for sale will be viewed via the database.

Currently all my sales are .html pages with links to photo's on LOTS of .html pages.

The database cuts this down massive.

BUT MY QUESTION IS.....

When I release the database to the www how long should I run the 'old' sales pages & photo's pages for....Then should I put a sorry this page has moved and link it to that property after x number of weeks/months...??

My current host plan doesn't include a .htaccess (I'll be moving host's soon!)

Thanks.

Ian

ian_ok, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    How about putting something like
    <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="1; URL=newpage.htm">
    Code (markup):
    in the head of your 'old' pages? That will point your old pages to your new pages for now...

When you get your new host and ability to write .htaccess you can then program the 301 redirects in there. Or there's mod rewrites, though you'd have to swot up on those (I know nothing ;) )

I first did 301s late last year on one site and there's still a few pages showing in Google, so it's been about 3 months so far... That's about the extent of my knowledge but I hope that helps :)

Lever, Feb 16, 2005 IP