1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site ranking is down after moving site to new domain

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by CAknowledge.in, Feb 6, 2018.

Hii Recently i moved my website from caknowledge.in to https://caknowledge.com domain but after 20 days of transfer i lost of all rankings, can anyone please guide me how i can recover my rankings back, please guide me as soon possible....
    SEMrush

CAknowledge.in, Feb 6, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you properly 301 redirected your all pages from the old domain to the new one?

mrb1129, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  3. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    As 'mrb129' says, you must redirect all your old URLs to the new domain URLs from within the '.htaccess' file. Make sure you setup also 301 redirect from www to non-www or vice versa.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  4. CAknowledge.in

CAknowledge.in Member

Best Answers:
    yes i setup all redirects properly via .htaccess and 301 redirect work properly

CAknowledge.in, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  5. jennypitula

jennypitula Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to do proper 301 redirection then only we can expect 100% positive things from the previous domain. But At the same time you have to follow one thing we have to provide good services then only your ranking of new domain boost up if the quality of your provided services deteriorated then you can not expect ranking.

jennypitula, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  6. Lauriat

Lauriat Peon

Best Answers:
    set up 301 redirects, make change of address in webmaster tools, if old domain and new domain content is pretty much the same then rankings should transfer without problem, you may lose some position due to redirect slightly dissipating little link power.

Lauriat, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  7. Naksh

Naksh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keep up with your efforts and you will get back. You don't need to worry as these rankings which go down can be brought up too!

Naksh, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  8. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to make 301 redirections for all your pages. Make sure that you have submitted a site change request from Google webmasters account. It is very important steps. Make sure you have done it.

iwebsocial, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  9. BaneSrbija

BaneSrbija Peon

Best Answers:
    If the 301 redirect is present, and both domains are still functional, your website may be in the "transition period", though I see you mentioned it was 20 days after you moved your website. What else comes to mind... disable the authentication/password protection required to access the content on the new website... inform Google that the site has moved through the “change of address” option in the old domains account in Google Search Console... submit the sitemap of the new domain to Google via Search Console.

BaneSrbija, Feb 8, 2018 IP