1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site not verifying

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by tbarr60, Jan 30, 2015.

I added Webmaster Tools verification codes through Yoast SEO and none of the verifications (Google, Bing, Yandex, Pinterest, Alexa) will verify. I see the codes in the site source code. One odd thing is that many tags start on a line but finish on the next. So I see <meta on one line and the rest of the tag on the next line.

The site in question is the mixed breed dog in my signature.

tbarr60, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  2. kamleshnishad

kamleshnishad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I would suggest you to choose alternate method to verify your blog.. Download HTML document from webmaster and upload it to root directory and verify your website. you won't find any error or difficulty.

kamleshnishad, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  3. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am aware there are other ways to validate. Whatever is causing the meta tag method not to validate may be causing other issues so I want to resolve the problem.

Any other ideas?

tbarr60, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  4. RickHamell

RickHamell Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like its almost a Wordpress issue. I've had to validate via META tag in Google, Yandex and another site that escapes my memory right now in the past few months and it's failed on every Wordpress site I've tried it on.

You're just putting the meta stuff in the head tag of header.php, correct?

RickHamell, Feb 1, 2015 IP