1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site newsletter

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aenigma, Oct 14, 2004.

I'm writing the newsletter for my site, It's the first time I write a newsletter, so I'm here to ask for some ideas for arguments to put into. For now I wrote a draft of the mail, and intruduced some new "services" that I'm implementing for my users. I spoked of some articles written on the site, and make a little indroduction to the newsletter.

Some idea on what to insert or to change in what I put?

The lasta thing is that I want to send a plain-text newsletter. I structured it to be friendly also without images or colors, what do you think about this?

Thank's for the suggestoins.

aenigma, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  2. Sanzbar

Sanzbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Did everyone voluntarily sign up for the newsletter, or are there incentives or requirements to do so?

If everyone signed up naturally, you'll be better off. A nice clean email with some new information and a link to where you can get more info and possibly a picture should be plenty for a return visit.

Sanzbar, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  3. aenigma

aenigma Peon

Best Answers:
    The newsletter is for the subscribers of the site.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Any other?

aenigma, Oct 15, 2004 IP
  4. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I run 2 newsletter, one has over 1,000 subscribers (opted in) and the over 3,000 (also opted in) Here are some tips:

1) Have a subscribe form on your website, so when people enter there email address it is sent direct to you via email and then put in a database or use a script which adds the email address in a mysql database.

2) Design your newsletter in HTML webpage upload it to your server, check spelling read the newsletter over again.

3) Ensure that there is no banner advertising (people hate that) just stick to text links if you need to advertise in the newsletter. Provide members with unique content, and introduce ways to get them to participate, include competitions, industry news etc.

4) Send an email to your members saying 'the newsletter is now available to read at your leisure and then put a link to the HTML webpage. Include in the email the main areas of the newsletter - things to entice them into the newsletter

The advantage of this is that you can monitor how many members are visiting and potentially reading your newsletter by using the usual stats on your site and pages, if you have 1,000 readers and only 78 of them visited the page then you need to think of other ideas to entice them.

Hope this helps.

DarrenC, Oct 16, 2004 IP
  5. djarcadian

djarcadian Guest

Best Answers:
    Always send a newsletter with some sort of incentive if you're using your newsletter to generate sales. A special discount or something along those lines. Send the newsletter on a Monday morning. I read a study somewhere that suggested that if you send your newsletter on Friday or a weekend that it tends to get buried under a weeks worth of spam so they end up never seeing it. Assume most people get into their office between 8 and 9 AM.

djarcadian, Oct 17, 2004 IP
  6. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good poiint actually - never thought of that.

DarrenC, Oct 17, 2004 IP
  7. duncan pollock

duncan pollock Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the e-newsletter gurus suggest that Tuesday (or even Wednesday) morning is the best time. Their argument is that apart from the first day of the week being Blue Monday, it's also spent in preoccupation with all the held-over-from-last-week items.

Duncan

duncan pollock, Oct 17, 2004 IP
  8. aenigma

aenigma Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the great suggestions, I would surely try them.

aenigma, Oct 18, 2004 IP
  9. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    I had never thought that the timing of the Newsletter would affect the percentage of people that read it. Now it all makes sense to me.

caroline, Oct 18, 2004 IP
  10. Kenneth

Kenneth Guest

Best Answers:
    I use newsletters too in my farming. I would suggest that you put a toll free number with a id number for prospects to call in and listen to free recorded information. I do that and I get responses from that too. That way, they not only read your literature, but also, hear a message in your own voice. Just an idea.
    Kenneth Fach
    Real Estate Marketing Tip of the Day!
    http://www.proquest-tech.com/postcard.asp?sc=11132

Kenneth, Nov 5, 2004 IP