1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site maps really helpful for SEO?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by AsianKid, Mar 3, 2007.

1. bnbi

bnbi Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, some interesting responses. I have been painstakingly trying to get my sitemap to function and debating over the priority to give sections and subsections. I need to read the SEO forums more often :)

bnbi, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  2. WebGeek182

WebGeek182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about the xml sitemap or the html one now? The html sitemap should look like the rest of your site and be linked from every page, preferably at the bottom. All search engines will find this sitemap if it's linked properly.

If you're using it, the xml sitemap should be submitted directly to the search engines, but not link from your site. (That would be bad for users.)

WebGeek182, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  3. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think sitemap should be a good thing to have.. especially that if your site is not a very small site, Google wouldn't know or wouldn't go far by crawling every page, but with sitemap it can and it will (most likely) or at least it would know where to go, rather then just crawling first few pages and giving up on rest...

alexus, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  4. megdilts

megdilts Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll leave mine there since the xml file is in yahoo and msn' index. It can't hurt. Although I do believe the indexing and PR come from the backlinks, not from the sitemap.

megdilts, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  5. tomflascee

tomflascee Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes that is correct

tomflascee, Mar 19, 2007 IP