1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

site maps and positioning

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by laurag, Mar 9, 2006.

Hello everyone!
    I would like to know if site maps can in any way help to better the position of a web site in google's search results pages.
    Someone told me that if I create a site map I can then have visualized my announcement on google like the volvo one (with the subsection like volvov50 indicated under the first link)
    Type volvo in to google reseach to understand what I'm talking about.
    Thank for the support
    laura

laurag, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  2. bubblejet

bubblejet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who told you that? Sitemaps has no effect in rankings neither in promoting sites in search results (for this you have to pay ;) ). Sitemaps usually is used to give Google information about your site and to tell them your site has been updated.

Check Google Sitemaps page to learn more: http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/

bubblejet, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  3. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find with Sitemaps that the number of robots from Yahoo and Google has been increased and they crawl a lot more and more often.

Also it helps to deliver the actual content pages right to Google and Yahoo to spider instead of old outdated pages and following links that dont really lead to anywhere useful and without content.

MatthewN, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  4. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Google sitemaps you can be shure that Google knows about your site. In that way it is very good idea to use it. And they give you some information about searches that leads to your site, which is good when you enhance your pages.

Jude Vihervaara, Mar 11, 2006 IP