1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site loading speed low .How to rectify

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ishika1234, Apr 1, 2013.

Dear Frens,

Kindly have a look at my website consumeronlinereview.com .Its loading speed is very slow inspite of trying to optimise.Can anybody kindly give suggestion as how to increase loading speed of the website.

ishika1234, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  2. Indiabulls

Indiabulls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lesser down the images size to the lowest possible. Get a better hosting company.

Indiabulls, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  3. virulent

virulent Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is why your site is loading slow:

20 requests
    3.5 MB
    (12.3 KB from cache)
    3.26s (onload: 1.56s)

To view the loading times for each script/image as well as size I recommend using Firebug in Mozilla or (the Net Tab). It gives you a breakdown of the file size and how long it's taking to load. It appears the youtube files are over 1.7mb each alone..and there seems to be a few image files that don't exist on your server, but in your code.

virulent, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  4. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are the point listed to make your website load fast.
    - Optimize big images and PNG images.
    - The third party advert taking time to load
    - do not use third party website jquary or other data into website

creativewebmaster, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Virulent, you're using the wrong tool to figure out the page size. Try the "Web Developer" plugin, and it's Information -> document size, and you'll find your numbers are a bit... low in terms of requests.

The numbers I'm coming up with:
                       Size      Uncompressed
    2 Documents        122 KB        122 KB
    51 Images         1388 KB       1388 KB
    1 Object             4 KB          4 KB
    22 Scripts         431 KB        625 KB
    18 Style Sheets    149 KB        213 KB
    ------------------------------------------
    94 Files          2095 KB       2354 KB
    Code (markup):
    IS an insane number of file handshakes thanks to WAY too much "javascript for nothing" asshattery, way too many presentational images "for what?!?", an ungodly amount of ridiculously bloated, redundant and pointless CSS.

I mean seriously, what the hell is that site even doing that warrants 625k of Javascript in 22 separate files?!? Much less the 51 separate images on a page that by all appearances has less than a dozen actual content images?

NOT really surprising given the bizzaroland markup with the endless carriage returns for nothing, tranny markup (which is to say HTML 3.2 in drag), complete lack of MEDIA targets on any of the CSS LINK's, the typical turdpress slap together the markup any old way and to hell with semantics garbage, etc, etc... Which of course is why it's wasting 71k of markup on delivering only 6k of plaintext and a dozen or less content images; easily five to eight times the markup needed to deliver such a simple page.

...and that's before talking the accessibility and design TRAIN WRECK of fixed width layout, absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts, some goofball squashed flat font renders like crap webfont, broken footer layout, illegible color contrasts in some places (again like the footer with dark cyan on black... or the illegible logo with black on dark cyan)...

It even has the idiocy of an auto-playing video below the fold, pissing off visitors who will probably give up on hunting to find the **** to shut it the hell up, and just close the tab/window instead.

It's a laundry list of how not to build a website (hardly a shock being built with turdpress) and this is AFTER you tried to optimize it?!? Given the content of the home page and what it seems to do for USEFUL functionality, I see little legitimate reason for the entire page to take more than 24 files in 192k, not counting the media embed.

My advice is one I've been handing out a lot of late -- throw it all away and start over, there's nothing worth even trying to save from that mess of 'off the shelf parts thrown together any old way' mated to 'but I can do it in photoshop' and 'but it looks ok on my screen' fallacy.

deathshadow, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  6. Indiabulls

Indiabulls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's Great! This should help him to his website faster...

Indiabulls, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  7. lang_tu_ntt

lang_tu_ntt Member

Best Answers:
    I've published a tutorial on how to reduce WordPress loading time on my blog. Here is the link to the tutorial. Hope it helps http://tutorialabout.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-reduce-wordpress-loading-time/

lang_tu_ntt, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  8. salinidinesh

salinidinesh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Install a cache plugin , preferably w3 total cache and activate a CDN(Content Delivery network) . This two will decrease your load time . Use wp smush.it WordPress plugin to optimize your images.

salinidinesh, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  9. Healthire

Healthire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some of the scripts return a 404 not found (which also results in javascript errors on the page) which slows your page load by several seconds. Either load all scripts in the footer rather than in the header or make sure all script files are where they're supposed to be.

The scripts in question are:
    jcarousellite.js
    showReview.js

jcarousellite is also loaded twice.

Page loading also gets stuck on loading the fonts from google, which is why it never finishes loading. Make sure your paths are correct.

After doing that you should look into a way to not have 23 different javascript files loaded. There are JS Minifier/Combiner plugins for WP you can check out. W3 Total Cache gives you that as well as a bunch of cache functionality that should significantly speed up your page load.

Healthire, Apr 12, 2013 IP