1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site is not listing in Dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by makhussy, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously missed the bit about what happens when you resubmit!! You are your own worse enemy if you wanted a DMOZ listing! ... funny how you choose to blame everyone else - how do you think any directory (not just DMOZ) should treat those who can not follow the guidelines they agree to when they submit?
    As DMOZ owes you nothing; has no obligation to you; and has no duty of care to you ... you blowing hot air.

Agent000, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  2. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a good justification for what I just wrote in previous post.

No CPC search has turned down my business as soon as they received my credit card. I could have been Jack the Ripper or some crazy scam artist. They will take your money in a second. No article submission or any other directory has turned down my site.

But it's just not good enough to get into DMOZ? No one I have mentioned it to ever even heard of DMOZ. No one even uses it.

DMOZ is prejudiced and run by volunteers who work on behalf of themselves. They probably change their names and email addresses to become editors.

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How did you know that DMOZ turned you down?
    Why then are you so desperate to get listed?

Agent000, Dec 27, 2009 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. vengs

vengs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i fully agree...
    they dont seem to stand with one firm thing.

They say that even you fulfull all the listings,there is no guarantee that you will be listed(it all depends on mood and time of editors).....where as some other guys doing thing may be listed....

what is it ,if not baisness? or unfairness?

vengs, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  5. vengs

vengs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i dont want to discuss it again and again as they also seem to feel that "we are 100% right and what they are saying is utter nonsense"....so above was just my agreement with that post poster....

There is no fruitful results,ending of tropic like this.....as i have already said.....they feel they are 1000% right........one cannot do anything on that....

vengs, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  6. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There could be 100,000,000 websites that we don't have listed and there are only a few thousand of us involved. Is that fair?

Is a suggested website more worthy of being listed than one that has not been suggested? If yes, why? Is that fair?

Many folks in this forum are demanding DMOZ listings because they think that free money will then fall from the sky (not that it will). Is it fair to castigate anonymous volunteers because they don't feel responsible for your income?

Bah humbug.

jimnoble, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  7. gaven

gaven Peon

Best Answers:
    I fully respect what you and site have done but the points these guys are making is you may have not being to list them because of lack of resources ,even in that case there will be unfairness to one who is not listed.

gaven, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  8. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Come on Jim, this is not just about income and you know that. It maybe true in relation to garbage sites that have no chance even if 1000 DMOZ like directories list them but for sites that made page #1 in Google without being listed in DMOZ is just not true.

Yes such a site wouldn’t mind to have DMOZ listing but only because competing and sometimes lesser quality sites in that category representing the industry which this particular site happen to be recognized leader. I guess you can call it prestige or ego.

;)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  9. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    No I didn't miss the point. You are supposed to resubmit if you don't hear in 6 months. Its not like you are supposed to resubmit every week. Its DMOZ and a bunch of know nothing editors not the secret service or CIA....who probably nothing too after Christmas! And big deal if if someone resubmits,,,ohhhhhh
    I am sure everyone does who doesn't know.If you paid them they'll take your money reaaaaaaaaaaaal fast so I heard.

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  10. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course you say that. Cover up. Read my new post above. Heard you folks want to get paid. I am writing a blog about it now, how crooked DMOZ is.

Its all nonsense. There were a few really nice sights listed under a category that would be for me. However these sights are not there anymore. They were removed for no good reason. Now a major competitor who has 5 sights maybe more under different names and addresses are all there. Looks like 5 different businesses but I know for a fact they belong to one person.

:mad:

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  11. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    The only reason to get on dmoz is to get the back link and that it!

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  12. styleg

styleg Peon

Best Answers:
    It took 1 year to get my site listed in DMOZ, its almost impossible to get listed there, i dont know why.

styleg, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  13. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    You all do me one huge favor when you have time.

Go to DMOZ shopping, home decor, wall decor, tapestries. Look at the list of sights listed. Some are really nice and some are lets say so so. My site is not worthy? Puuuulease.:(

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  14. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    They shouldn't delete posts. Its the USA.....Freedom of Speech.

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  15. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    No kidding, neither do any of the search engines. But I think its called decency and fairness. Anyone who has a website selling items to make a living wants good Serps. DMOZ back link helps you get higher in serps.

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  16. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL....are you so small minded that you think the world revolves around the USA?

I have news for you, this is an international discussion board and i am in Sydney Australia. Many people are from other countries and in my view, any race, creed or culture is welcome to be here. Even some of the posters that i "debate" with, do not bring racist views into the arguement.

Everyone is welcome if they can at least display some "common courtesy".

snooks, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  17. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think my post suggests I think everything revolves around the USA then you are very small minded. However, the world's economy DOES revolve around the USA. Retail especially. Where the heck do you think Google, Windows and others were created? Have some respect. It is others that do not like the USA and all we do if GIVE GIVE GIVE and help others. I am a healthcare worker and how dare you accuse me of being discriminatory. I have spend many a weeks in underprivileged neighborhoods helping illegals get the care they need. Shame on you. I am talking about freedom of speech and yes if I am on a USA network on the internet, I have my right to freedom of speech. :eek: Its called USA constitution, have you heard of it?

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  18. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    RE: the comment above from the racist accusing me of racism.:mad:

And don't you even dare put words in my mouth! What do you for a living? Do you help anyone? Or just post comments accusing people of racism. I am so proud to be a USA citizen. I am so proud of my freedom of speech. How in the world can you call that racism? Take some time to read the USA constitution. No one can take that away. I live here pay taxes and am a citizen. Therefore I am protected under the constitution.

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  19. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can well be proud of being a USA Citizen, you can have freedom of speech, you can have protection under the constitution when you are in the USA.

This forum is INTERNATIONAL and the world does not revolve around you, the USA or any other country.

I do not care if you are a healthworker, a priest, a car salesman or an unemployed old age pensioner.

Your site is not included in DMOZ and you are carying on like a spoilt little brat. If you are indeed a health worker, it shows that you have some level of education and as such, you should understand that your site is not included and it may or may never be included.

Build a bridge and get over it! :(

snooks, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  20. cjw

cjw Peon

Best Answers:
    You're a jerk and a bully who does not like a woman to speak her mind. Period.
    You are a chauvinist. One thing you are right about, the intenet is global. Guess what I live int he USA and typing from a USA network right now. Unlike you USA citizens believe in the right to freedom, freedom of speech, and religion. Oh and guess what, women are equal here too. We share.

The truth hurts and some folks can't accept it.

Oh one more thing Snook

M e r r y C h r i s t m a s

USA rocks!

cjw, Dec 27, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.