1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

site hacked again please help

Discussion in 'Security' started by DavidMarathon, Dec 17, 2011.

hello our site has been hacked again this is 2nd time...why are they doing like..this...

meetmedaily.com is hacked

what is the possible solution...

thanks

DavidMarathon, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  2. VPS6NET

VPS6NET Member

Best Answers:
    Have you considered installing CSF or another firewall, if you have the ability to?

VPS6NET, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  3. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not really sure how they hack your Wordpress? Are you updated? Have you scan your site for hacks from last time. The best thing if your host can not scan for you is to install a few Plug in yourself that can scan virus and hacks for you. You probably see that the hackers "left" something inside your wordpress that makes them log in when they want.

TheSyndicate, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  4. ideamine

ideamine Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Hackers are hack for many reasons. Some of the common reasons why hackers hack are to get some Sensitive Information or to Steal Bandwidth to Distribute Illegal Content or may be for fun. Since there are many hackers around its our duty to keep our websites safe. Since your site is wordpress, i will suggest some steps to prevent this in future:
    1. Always update your wordpress to the latest version.
    2. Configure a firewall on your server.
    3. Always use complex passwords instead of simple ones.
    4. Use an anti virus and update the virus database regularly.
    5. Always take backup of your site on a weekly / monthly basis so that we cam restore it if anything happens.

If you want help in securing your server I can help you. Please drop an e-mail at sales at ideaminetech.com. We are a server management company and provide 24/7 support on everyday of a year.

Thanks & regards,

ideamine, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  5. sandeep002

sandeep002 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see your website ranking is good as shown in alexa . Most probably hacker hack the high rank site and they add iframe code to redirect your traffic or infect your site visitor as well as I Found 70 domains hosted on the same web server as meetmedaily.*** (67.228.184.52) so may be attacker is accessing your site from the other site. Site which has same hosting as your using .

If you earn something from this website, then i strongly recommend you hire some security services .

If your word press is vulnerable, then i recommend you to add .htaccess to this file so hacker wont access your wp admin panel and he will failed to upload any malicious file into server.

http://meetmedaily.***/wp-login.php
    Code (markup):
    Best thing hire Security services so that your site will be under monitoring .

/thanks

Sandeep

sandeep002, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  6. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Try installing the Better WP Security from the official WordPress plugin directory. It will harden your WordPress install and give you advice if anything else needs to be done.

kokopelli, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  7. visualgaurd

visualgaurd Peon

Best Answers:
    as i post solutions in post (How to secure my site) of this root so go according that and keep secure your site from being hack again. or find web webhostinghub.com/support/website/website-troubleshooting/website-hacked

visualgaurd, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  8. BreatHost

BreatHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure everything is up to date

BreatHost, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  9. Null0x00

Null0x00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Grab the approximate date/time of when the hack occurred and check your access/error logs to find the culprit. Typically there are 3 ways hackers get in. software, configurations, and people ..

1) Make sure your Wordpress and plugins are up to date
    If Wordpress is up to date, chances are you are safe. Usually the plugins are weak at best and are riddled with vulnerabilities so make sure they are all up to date.
    2) Harden your Server files and directories
    Server files and directories should not be accessible by the outside world. Use these to commands to harden your file/folder permissions:
    find /path/to/your/wordpress/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
    find /path/to/your/wordpress/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

3) Social Engineering and Session Hijacking
    Be careful what email links you click when logged in to your site. Sometimes hackers can hijack your session by sending specially crafted links that use vulnerabilities to execute javascript within your context.

At the end of the day, if you dont fix the underlying issue then its only time before you become a victim again.

HTH
    - Null

Null0x00, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  10. BigTim3

BigTim3 Guest

Best Answers:
    have you scanned for shells?

BigTim3, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  11. adseo

adseo Peon

Best Answers:
    check your wordpress scripts carefully...

adseo, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  12. vali.mvf

vali.mvf Peon

Best Answers:
    First, check your error log. Secondly, add a firewall, if you can. And the most important, only if you added any modifications and custom scripts to your plugins and modules, check them again. Good luck.

vali.mvf, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  13. HostingLynx

HostingLynx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Id say run your website files through an anti viruses to see if you have any shell backdoors. Update to latest version of WP, and maybe think about getting a VPS or looking into a new host just incase the hacker is accessing your site through another hacked website on the server.

HostingLynx, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  14. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good plugin that may help you but it's a premium: Wordpress Ninja Security, it scan your wordpress and server specs and let you know what you can do to add protection to your wordpress site

IG2010, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  15. simona86

simona86 Member

Best Answers:
    Use HTTPS and SSL where available.

simona86, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  16. River J

River J Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure your chmod is setup correctly, if not you will just keep getting hacked.

River J, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  17. tiffanywilliams12i2

tiffanywilliams12i2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you asked your host to help you out? Mind did for me.

tiffanywilliams12i2, Apr 5, 2012 IP