1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site got Slapped??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Christopher Hemingsworth, Nov 1, 2013.

Hey guys, I finally got my first site to rank, but about a day later it's ranking completely fell to the deserted back pages. Everything on my site was optimized, without keyword stuffing. Does anyone know what attribute on my pr websites could have set off googles alarm? Was it too similar of content, or the backlinks on the pr websites, or maybe one of the sites was slapped on google? Help is very appreciated!

2. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of link building had you been doing (either yourself or outsourced) if any, prior to the ranking fall?

When you say deserted back pages- just how significant a drop are we talking about?

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  3. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its better you check the backlinks manually again or check if you received any email at google webmasters tool.

blogdum, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  4. Christopher Hemingsworth

Christopher Hemingsworth Member

Best Answers:
    Linkbuilding was from my own Pbn, Drop was far enough to dissapear completely off of serpfox, if I search for the domain it will still show up. I'm certain it was something from one of my pbn sites. What do you think it was?

5. Corestratagems

Corestratagems Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are all your PBN sites still indexed? (I have a script that checks my PBN sites every morning for being indexed, and metrics for each domain and if they are up as well) As someone mentioned webmaster tools, you can see if there are any messages about unnatural links or the like in webmaster tools. Why are you so certain it is caused by one of your PBN sites? Are they all on separate IP's? Do they have clean backlink profiles themselves? Would your PBN sites pass a manual review? Have you been using your PBN sites successfully for some time already? If your PBN sites link to other sites, are those sites having a problem as well? Probably need to answer those questions to have a better idea.

Corestratagems, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  6. Christopher Hemingsworth

Best Answers:
    Hey, whats the script called that you use? And this is my first Pbn, all indexed and healthy, had another money site and the exact same thing happened to it, even though I made sure it wasn't too optimized. They all have different hosting, however, on some of the sites they have very low pa's and asian (possibly "bad") links. would this cause my main site to get slapped?

7. Corestratagems

Best Answers:
    It's just my own script. Goes through the domains in a MySQL database, runs the checks and orders them in to a report and updates a webpage each morning. It's too customized to my needs to be of any use to anyone else (you're welcome to it if you wanted to modify it for your own needs). Low PA isn't a problem (but could indicate a problem) but a bad backlink profile for the PBN site is definitely a problem and can be the cause of a slap. Of course if you have the PBN site set up spammy that would also be a problem. Once you know which PBN sites have "iffy" backlink profiles, remove the backlinks on those PBN sites to your money sites and try to replace those domains with sites that have clean backlink profiles and give yourself links on those new domains.

Going forward you should consider Moztrust or Trustflow metrics when purchasing domains for you PBN. Pick a number like Moztrust 5.5 and never buy a domain lower than that for use in a PBN for backlinking purposes.

8. Christopher Hemingsworth

Best Answers:
    Aaaaahhh. Found the problem. Some of my sites have a moztrust of 0.00. Definitely a red flag (although having all my pbn sites near identical with asian links wouldn't have helped either). Would you mind sharing your script corestratagems? It would be much appreciated :)

9. Corestratagems

Best Answers:
    Its a number of scripts together. You will have to run them on a linux box with PHP and some Perl modules installed. Also, you will need a local mysql database with the table and fields set up to read and write to. I can zip it all together for you but you will have to go through and figure out how it all works and replace the paths and such to get it working on your own server. If you still want a go at it, PM me and I will send the files to you.

10. Abiolas Gabriel

Abiolas Gabriel Member

Best Answers:
    Its normal bro,also same to me,every time i get a good rank,then suddenly its falls,then start rising slowly. Everything will be fine,just wait bro....

Abiolas Gabriel, Nov 4, 2013 IP