1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site goes from 600 visits a day to 40 for no apparent reason?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by techwizz78, Aug 21, 2007.

Hello,
    I run a site that is a few months old, and i was getting pretty decent traffic for that ammount of time... then all of a sudden the 12th of August it get cut off from Google. Dropping my traffic down to nothing. I reset any changes i had made and have hopped that when i get re cached it picks back up... but

the only keywords im getting from google are with "quotes" and that means they don't like me at all as far as i can see.

So what do i do? Wait it out or cut and run and make another similar site and hope it doesn't happen again?

I've used no black hat seo tricks? I don't know what to do and im frustrated because i've put in a bunch of time.

Here is the graph screenshot :eek:

[​IMG]

techwizz78, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. techwizz78

techwizz78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone have a clue?

techwizz78, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  3. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    Sites often disappear into the sandbox after a few weeks but a few months seems a long time.

Were you getting traffic from one or two main keywords or lots of small phrases?

Did you submit to lots of directories or get lots of links with identical anchor text? People often say this can't hurt, but in my experience it can.

Have you checked your main inbound links - were they bought from irrelevant sites? Have any important links been removed?

You say you reset changes you had made - what changes were they?

Sometimes though these things just seem to happen for no apparent reason - sometimes to come back again after a few days.

Rasputin, Aug 21, 2007 IP
    techwizz78 likes this.
  4. Panda123

Panda123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To bad google doesn't have a help desk that we could open tickets for webmaster questions. Guess you will have to use the Google forum. Let me know if you need the link?

Panda123, Aug 22, 2007 IP
    techwizz78 likes this.
  5. techwizz78

techwizz78 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was getting traffic from hundreds / thousands of words for specific files. I had little variation in my anchor text.

Changes made where mostly cosmetic, and the addition of a sentence that nearly matched what was displayed in the title bar?

I may just by a new site, and start over fresh. This sucks. Yeah i wish Google had a helpdesk

Thanks you guys

techwizz78, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  6. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you lost position in the SERPs for some keywords :/

Jarodboy, Aug 22, 2007 IP