1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site getting 25-30k traffic PM but NO adsense earning.......Pls help

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by travellerspoint, Jan 2, 2013.

1. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    My personal opinion.....you lose a ton of visitors the moment the full page ad kicks in and they leave without actually getting a chance to browse your site. Get rid of it and I'm fairly certain you'll see an improvement.

GregWR, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  2. travellerspoint

travellerspoint Banned

Best Answers:
    The question is not with the clicks......I am getting avg clicks around 50-54 clicks from adsense & 100-150 clicks from adbrite AD as you see in screenshots but the earning getting through clicks are too low....Now I have interchanged the places of adbrite with adsense because its useless, after getting so many clicks the earning is around $1-$2 in adbrite too.......Even the number of clicks on adsense decreased as compared to adbrite no of clicks.....

travellerspoint, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  3. travellerspoint

travellerspoint Banned

Best Answers:
    Greg, Because of my low earning, yesterday I changed the AD position & added large size adsense banners to analyze the growth. Previously, the banner size was small & at the right places but got very very low earning. So, I am experimenting now to analyze the growth......

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. brunzo30

brunzo30 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

The recommendation I give is this: Stop focusing your site in Adsense, is not worth it! Listen my friend, for what I see, you have a good site, well built, well ranked in Alexa but...BADLY ranked in Google (1/10) and that is maybe because of so much advertising and bad content.

Try and focus on delivering a social bookmarking site with real proper content (make sure you approve manually every single entry) and make sure it complies with what Google would like to see ( no spamming or affiliates sites, etc..., deny all that sites), keep real to true content, don't worry about making money just now, that will come with time by you building your reputation with Google and Internet world (then companies will start contacting you to pay big dollars to get their name in your website, etc...).

The main thing is Google loves your site ( talking about their ranking, like 5/10 or 7/10....and not search engine top 10 page rankings) and the only way that is going to happen is if you stay true to the origins of the objective of your site, in this case, social bookmarking.

Leave you with this example:

tumblr - best google & worldwide ranked social bookmarking site... ranked in alexa at n.º32 and google rank 6/10! Look how simples and easy to navigate it is...do you see any adsense??

Hope that helps my friend and good luck with your project.

Bruno

brunzo30, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  5. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    Ah I see, well in my opinion the full page ad is a big no, you've redirected over 500 people elsewhere and made $0.49, not worth it.

Here's what I would do, 1 x 760 x 90 leaderboard between the nav and first post, 1 x 300 x 250 top right in the space you're using currently for "Get post approved" and 1 x 300 x 250 where you currently have an ad on the right further down.

You need to find a balance between the ads and people actually being able to use your site without it being a pain, the big ads in the post currently is too much, I barely noticed the actual text underneath.

Anyway from my experience that works nicely.

GregWR, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  6. travellerspoint

travellerspoint Banned

Best Answers:
    I had done similar arrangement as you are telling here. But that didn't worked for me hence I changed that yesterday........

7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking = a lot of bots and people who won't pay attention to anything on page, except adding their own site. Anything that relies upon clicks won't earn you much money on such a site. You can always run your own ads, stuff that SEOs/webmasters might be interested in (not SEO services as it's pointless advertising services to someone who does the same, but theme and design services, etc).

ryan_uk, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  8. lang_tu_ntt

lang_tu_ntt Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. Since most incoming traffic are from bots, what you get might not be the actual number of visitors. It's good that you have some clicks though they are very low CPC. It's better to remove Adsense and use CPA instead. You can promote other bookmarking software tools and premium bookmarking services... You'll earn more that way.

lang_tu_ntt, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  9. indyature

indyature Member

Best Answers:
    add 728 banner at top

indyature, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  10. ironcladus

ironcladus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Put 300x250 image ad in the sidebar above the fold under search.

728x90 Text ad before content. Make the background the same color as your site the title a soft blue or the green color of your site link, with the text black.

You can even pop in another 468x60 ad after the listing boxes. Same color background, black title and black text.

This is what works best for me.

ironcladus, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  11. drkwrld

drkwrld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your site looks like my closet when i was 10 lol a mess no hard feeling just being honest. You should try to reorganize your ads and SalesCEO is Right. Cheers!

drkwrld, Jan 10, 2013 IP
  12. themoon05

themoon05 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with royalstar_23,you should start with a new idea.

themoon05, Jan 10, 2013 IP