1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site feedback on exit

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dalv, Apr 28, 2008.

I think it is a marketing issue, so I'll post it here:)

I need to get feedback from visitors to my web site that have decided not to purchase anything... I am wondering -- what is the best way to do it?

I need it to be as un-intrusive as possible...? Is there a service like that I can use?

dalv, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  2. Wayne Liew

Wayne Liew Banned

Best Answers:
    Try a popup generator that will come up when people clicks the X button or any links to leave your site. This can be quite intrusive for some but I guess this is the only way to gather some valuable feedback.

Wayne Liew, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  3. dalv

dalv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks...

Is there another way -- the ordinary pop-up windows are quite annoying and can be blocked.

I have seen some pretty cool Flash applications that may do the job, but do not remember where...

dalv, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  4. duncan pollock

duncan pollock Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm far from sure that visitors will tell you why they've chosen to exit. I know it's your business, but I suspect many people will ask you "what business is it of yours" (!!).
    In any case, the reasons can be numerous. Not the right product/service. Not what they wanted/needed to know. Not impressed by the site, your background, your product/service range, whatever, ad nauseum.
    In my opinion, you need to do some (intelligent) guessing -- and this could be better done if (but only after a while) you ask people who have bought for the facts that led them to do so.

Duncan :D

duncan pollock, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  5. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    If it's the kind of a site where people don't come back to it, or maybe they may come back to it just one more time, put in a pop-up window.

I'm thinking about putting one in. Just a short hello and a thank you message, and three boxes for them to check off on their reason why.

You should also get your site critiqued by as many people as you can. If most like it, you're in.

Just know that on average only 1 out of every 100-300 people buy.

Perry Rose, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  6. hamish31

hamish31 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not recommend making a pop up appear when they leave your site this will just frustrate your visitors even more. You could just have a little page dedicated to a survey or something. Ask people nicely why they didn't buy and what they would like to be changed to become more interested in your website.

-- Hamish

hamish31, Apr 28, 2008 IP