1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SITE DOWN in EVERY other COUNTRY but the USA??

Discussion in 'Outages' started by Flashnest, Sep 1, 2010.

I recently bought a website from DP... main reason because it came with good traffic. However during the past few days the traffic dramatically dropped... its basically getting no traffic at all now. I contacted the seller about this issue.. They promise me the traffic was not paid for.. (I suspiciously thought this traffic was a paid campaign and had expired) Now If the seller had admitted this to me I would have been cool about it... But OH NO... They have to lie and say " The site is down in my country that is why the traffic has dropped" It is a rediculous thing to say seeing as the site is not down in the United states... so therefore how can it be down in other countries?

If you would like to see for yourself my website is www.forumssearch.com It would be great if people from various countries could check this out and verify that the site is up... Countries like.. USA, Denmark, India, Canada e.t.c

So my question is.. Can a site be up and down in different countries at the same time?? I will be very amazed if anyone says yes... Please answer..

Flashnest, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  2. darrenms

darrenms Peon

Best Answers:
    You should just be able to check the logs to the site to see what ips are visiting your site. If they're not obvious to which country they're from then use a GEOIP service to work out what country the ip(s) are coming from.

darrenms, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  3. Jumperrentals

Jumperrentals Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of reasons that might affect to the traffic of the site. try Google webmasters geological settings.

Jumperrentals, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  4. qwert18qwert18

qwert18qwert18 Guest

Best Answers:
    Working in australia.

qwert18qwert18, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  5. anands

anands Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Opens in India :)

You could try installing Google Analytics and check out which geographies are visiting.

anands, Sep 12, 2010 IP