1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Site design of DP forums

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by makeit easy, Feb 1, 2011.

1. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows.

Warning: Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element 'last'.
    Warning: Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element 'first'.

And these two come up over and over, so they're proably the ticker. There's a bunch of other CSS ones that come up once-off when the forum loads, but you wouldn't believe how many websites have those.

However, they are warnings not errors and look pretty vanilla compared to the kind of bugs I make all my myself when writing new javascript, so I don't think they'd cause a slowdown. They might be a symptom of some other minor error in the display code. Be nice if you could remove them though :)

I can't look at it in IE, it gets into a busyloop that is so quick it actually locks up the browser when I have the developer tools open.

RumpledElf, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well a lot of the CSS elements that are warnings are because you need to have CSS elements that all browsers understand. You would be hard pressed to find any site that uses anything other than the most basic CSS elements without warnings.

For example, for anything to have a radius (rounded corners), there are 3 different ways to do it since browsers for some stupid reason all have different syntaxes...

border-radius:5px; //Opera
    -moz-border-radius:5px //Firefox
    -webkit-border-radius:5px //Chrome & Safari
    Code (css):
    So they will all throw warnings saying the stuff they don't understand isn't understood.

It would be nice if they all adopted universal markup... but warnings shouldn't affect, since they are just ignored.

digitalpoint, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's not coming from us... what Firefox plug-ins/addons are you running? Something in your browser is trying to do something with an app in iTunes called "Fiverr Alerts".

I just grepped through our servers to make sure something didn't get injected and the string "fiverr" does not exist on our web servers.

Sounds like maybe you have some spyware or malware installed on your browser/computer somehow.

digitalpoint, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  4. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right. I noticed that it was related to fiverr. That's why I deleted my last post.
    No I don't have spyware. I was visiting fiverr and their pages were open on different tabs when I've taken the error. So, that error belongs to fiverr not to DP. I didn't use the error console on firefox before. It doesn't display any error for Dp forums but I see too many warnings like "Warning: Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element 'last'.
    Source File: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2081223&page=3
    Line: 0"

makeit easy, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  5. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tell me about it ... I'm happy these days if a site looks 'good enough' across several different browsers. Identical would be nice, but ... grr. Standards? What standards?

Anyway, your ticker warning ... I just ... wait for it ... close the browser tab with DP in it if I want a clear error console lol

RumpledElf, Feb 5, 2011 IP