1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Ban by Google Please Help

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Atlanta Realtor, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not believe I can post my response. So if you are interested in the response I have to you them PM me and I will be happy to send it to you.

Atlanta Realtor, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  2. Mel

Mel Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting to note that whatever the glitch is, it is affecting both your site and AtlantaRealtors site in exactly the same way; the only pages listed in either the Google or Yahoo indexes are your forum pages and most of those are not yet indexed. I would look for commonalitiy between the sites but the problem is not limited to Google.

Mel, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  3. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    Well there are commonalities within our websites.

1. We both buy links from this seo expert.

2. We both belong to the same realtor link group.

3. We both had links to this seo experts real estate forum and his seo website. both recepical.

4. I believe that our robots.txt was the same.

5. We both have a Vb forum for our consumers

6. A few of the links we purchased from this seo expert are the same and on the same IP blocks.

7. He had a hand in designing both of our sites and has made changes to our code.

These are the only things I can think of at this moment but if there are others I will post them.

Thank you Mel for looking at this as much as you have. I believe that if this is figured out it would be of great use to those within the forum.

Atlanta Realtor, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  4. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    Just so we all have a good idea what type of seo this person is

http://listingsbylocation.com/ this is pointing to my website and if he changes it I do have a snapshot of the page with the domain

5. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't pointing to your website - it IS your website:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>listingsbylocation.com</TITLE>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type
    content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD><FRAMESET><FRAME
    name=listingsbylocation.com
    src="http://www.atlanta-real-estate-homefinder.com"></FRAMESET></HTML>

leeds1, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  6. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    So does that mean he highjacked my website? LOL I am a realtor so explain to me like you would a kid ..hahahaha. If so what can I do about it.

7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  8. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Which could mean duplicate content penalty?

Or an seo who is trying to get your website more visitors, which has backfired.

I think I am right in saying that when you get an SEO to work for you, they take a risk, and so do you. If you don't want to take that risk, then you do it yourself, just like many people in here.

You saw $$ in your eyes and went for it - I don't blame you.. but learn from your mistakes, and try and solve the problem. It's not like theres plenty of people in this forum to help you.

Darren :)

DarrenC, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It wouldn't be a duplicate content penalty, because the content is actually different (one is simply a frame of the other), so the actual content is coming from the real domain. If you could get a penalty by doing that, it would be simple to give anyone a duplicate content penalty without even duplicating their content. A frame is more like a link rather than duplicate content.

Truthfully, using a frame doesn't really give me a "good idea what type of seo this person is". Lots of sites use frames for various reasons, including mine.

To follow up with that wwhhomes mentioned, he has a point... Anyone that buys links (through a SEO firm or independently) is taking a risk. Google has publicly stated that they try to filter out sites that artificially manipulate their rankings (including buying links). Maybe you didn't understand that before, but it's a bit like speeding on the freeway... You may or may not get caught, but it's really nothing to be bitter about if you do get caught.

10. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an update for those of you that didnt know and if I am repeating myself I appolgize. It seem this Seo Expert which by the way is the famous Seo Guy has highjacked my website. http://listingsbylocation.com/ Now for some information that may help you if any of you have a website that has been highjacked try these guys www.domainmagistrate.com Its seems they take offense to this type of activity. Plus little does he realized that his forwarder has their legal depatment on this matter. www.Networksolutions.com since he did not have my permission to forward that domain.

So for those of us that seem to be targets from unscrupulous Seo Experts we do have people that will fight for us.

11. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO Guy is one of the most helpful SEO experts that I have come across on any SEO forums and I think you should really be having these discussions with SEO Guy direct rather than having this discussion in a forum.

It's difficult for anyone to comment simply because theres always two side to every story, and theres nothing anyone can do here about from give you advice, which people have already.

Darren :)

DarrenC, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How was it hijacked exactly? How long have your owned listingsbylocation.com before it was hijacked?

13. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    Listingsbylocation.com ISNT my domain. That domain belongs to Seo Guy. He has taken that domain and forwarded my website to it. My domain is www.atlanta-real-estate-homefinder.com not www.listingsbylocation.com

I just thought most of you that thinks Seo Guy is such a great person would be interested in seeing how he truly is. If you look at the fact that I drop from the serps..this could be a reason who knows how long he has had this going on..and yes it would be considered duplicate content.

14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well first of all, a frame isn't taking your content. The content exists on your server. And it's most definitely not a hijacked website.

It's not a hijacked website anymore than this is me hijacking CNN:

http://www.digitalpoint.com/cnn/

Trust me, I didn't just copy the entire CNN website.

My best suggestion to you would be to read up on HTML and specifically how frames work before you start throwing accusations around about someone hijacking your website. :)

15. Phoenix Realtor

Phoenix Realtor Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually he has not forwarded your site to it. The URL listingsbylocation.com is pulling your homepage as a frame source.

How is this highjacking?

Phoenix Realtor, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  16. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I do not know coding such as html and it is funny that the legal department at www.networksolutions.com has a problem with it..but as I said I am just a realtor..he is respected here and on other forums but if he wishes to reply I can back up anything that has been said with documentation but can he.

17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, I'm guessing the legal department at Network Solutions doesn't have an understanding yet of what it actually is either.

Let us know what becomes of it...

18. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it's odd.

1) seo-guy is respected, trusted and provides excellent free advice
    2) The frameset is exactly how DP describes and is probably providing you with free traffic
    3) It's the same as DP's CNN example (I could do the same with DPs ranking tool and I'm sure he wouldnt complain :) )
    4) G et all change their algos all of the time - the market you're in is a hot market that G ensures provides valid results and you may have just come up against an algo tweak.

Previous advice - I would

a) stay cool(er)
    b) get in touch with seo-guy in a more pragmatic and sensible way

We are all humans after all and G is a robot/ algo

You should spend time with seo-guy to see what may have caused this

If you read other forums others have dropped off the planet so there was some form of algo change last week/ over the weekend.

It's not going to be easy once threads like this have been posted though but seo-guy should be able to help you out of this mess (and don't forget G is free traffic and they have no obligation to any of us to provide us traffic as a right)

leeds1, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  19. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not just the fact that I fell off the serps. It is the fact that this person has lied and spouted out enough BS that after you learn it isnt true how can you trust him. I do not have the reputation on any type of seo forum that he does..not many do..but as I stated before in a reply..dont judge a book by its cover.

Just like some of you may come to his defense there are people in my profession that would come to mine..its only human nature. I can not claim to know as much as any of you about Seo but I do know business and I have seen a lot of great ethical and moral business people and I have seen the scum of the earth business people. So I feel after the facts are in pertaining to this seo I have made a sound judgement as to his ability..True Character and his business practices..which has lead me to my comments here.

As an example..if you hired me as your realtor and I told you I sold Bill Gates his home and this home over here that you were interested in buying had appreciated 90% in the last 2 months and you found out it wasnt true...Would you TRUST me? Plus you had people even after you found that out telling you oh he is an upstanding guy and is one of the best in the business...what part of your common sense are you going to listen to.

As Stated Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover

20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No one is trying to defend anyone, I'm simply trying to educate you as to what a frame is and what a domain hijacking isn't.